Open carry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is going to hurt working people. This is going to hurt the small business owner. This is going to hurt the very people who make up the backbone of this state, and you geniuses have welcomed it with open arms. But hey, as long as "we have guns and them there damned lawyers suffer," it's all OK.

:owned3::clap3:

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
True, but I have other areas of law, no debt, and a ton of incoming producing assets and am licensed in other states. Additionally, being the rocket science I am, I saw this coming and over 50% of my practice is now Federal and immune from this crap. So my fat ass will stay in Cartier, Zegna, Brioni and Benzes for a while, but thanks for taking a shot at me.

Your attitude is indicative of what is wrong, if I am helping an injured person recover for what was done to them, and they are happy, why would you care what I earned? If I were a promoter and took a company public and made serious money, would you still care? If I were a wildcatter and hit a good field and good pay day, would you still care? Aside from the fact that I spent years in school, I have made a significant investment of time and money in my law practice. Why should I not reap the reward? I guess government regulation is OK in my case?

What's sad is it's not me who is going to suffer. I have class A insurance and a lot of money. Additionally, my proven earnings would demonstrate my damages as a economic damage if I were injured and couldn't practice law. Something happens to me, and I will be fine. This is going to hurt working people. This is going to hurt the small business owner. This is going to hurt the very people who make up the backbone of this state, and you geniuses have welcomed it with open arms. But hey, as long as "we have guns and them there damned lawyers suffer," it's all OK.

^^^ This,everybody hates/loves to make fun of lawyers.......until they need one.That said,I love to make fun of my buddy JBB.Believe me he can take it.:respect:

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are the thread hijackers gone?

Seriously, which one of these bills should we be rooting for and basing our calls on? I'm slightly confused.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any new developements on these bills?

Are the thread hijackers gone?

Seriously, which one of these bills should we be rooting for and basing our calls on? I'm slightly confused.

HB1647, the subject of the discharge petition, is BAD and should not be pushed.

HB1796, Tibbs' bill to put it on the ballot, should not be supported in my opinion. This bill has passed committee and is headed to the House Floor.

HB1400 is a Constitutional Carry bill, meaning open carry without a permit. It's basically dead in committee.

SB856 was a Constitutional Carry bill. However, it has been replaced with a committee substitute making it a felony for an individual to provide false information to a dealer or private seller in order to purchase a firearm or ammunition. It is on its way to the Senate Floor.

HB1470 is identical to last year's bill. Like HB1400, it's basically dead in committee.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, in order of preference, you're saying"

HB 1470
HB 1400
SB 856
HB 1796
HB 1647

OK, I'll do a little reading.

Doesn't anyone know a Senator/Representative who favors Open Carry who also has the intelligence to come up with a sensible bill?

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, in order of preference, you're saying"

HB 1470
HB 1400
SB 856
HB 1796
HB 1647

OK, I'll do a little reading.

Doesn't anyone know a Senator/Representative who favors Open Carry who also has the intelligence to come up with a sensible bill?

SB856 is NOT an open carry bill any more.

HB1400
HB1470
HB1796 IF we can get some damn good marketing going
ABSOLUTELY NO on HB1647

cowmugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
SB856 is NOT an open carry bill any more.

I just read the "Substitute" bill...we should not send any of these people back, especially the ones on a public safety committee. The only good thing is we can focus all our efforts on Sue Tibbs.

Is any group organizing a discharge petition for hb1400?

owassopilot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just read the "Substitute" bill...we should not send any of these people back, especially the ones on a public safety committee. The only good thing is we can focus all our efforts on Sue Tibbs.

Is any group organizing a discharge petition for hb1400?

I think any discharge petition is gonna be dead in the water. House speaker was ticked off at the last attempt. I think our only hope is an amendment on the house floor at this point. And most on the public safety committee are term limited in 2012 anyway. They don't really care anymore since they can't run again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom