Open carry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw that...this is good no?

Absolutely good. It means that the House has until April 14 to report it from committee and April 28 to hear it.

I wish they'd remove that stupid crap about Bowie knives and dirk knives and Billy clubs and such.

I mean, I've got a license to carry a freaking loaded handgun of any caliber up to .45, but god forbid I have on me a knife that has :GASP: TWO sharpened edges! Or, EVEN WORSE looks sort of like a Bowie knife. Which is just a regular knife with a fancy design. I mean, who the hell wrote the OK SDA anyway? The Brady campaign?

I'd also like to be able to carry my ASP around without some idiot saying it's a bully club.

The knife laws are not part of the SDA, they are part of weapons restrictions that have been in place a LONG time. Specifically, 21 O.S. § 1272 has been around since 1910 I believe.

The SDA only addresses the carry of firearms. If Brady had written it, I'd guess knives would have been good and firearms bad. In the case of the SDA, firearms are good and the status quo for knives was maintained.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just heard a snipit on KTOK news that said the "OK senate overwhelmingly voted to pass a new gun bill".... I take it that is SB129?

Engrossed to House 03/16/2011 S

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First Reading 03/16/2011 H

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just heard a snipit on KTOK news that said the "OK senate overwhelmingly voted to pass a new gun bill".... I take it that is SB129?

Yes.

Senate adjourns for the week today.

Bill requires Third Reading before vote. So in theory, the bill can be voted on as soon as Monday. However, most likely it will be assigned to a committee on Second Reading.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I contacted my state rep telling her to vote for SB129 and against HB1647 (if they haven't voted on it yet).

Keep in mind that it should be against HB1647 with the so-called open carry language in it. The rest of the language is a lifetime permit for active duty and military veterans.

Seth247

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Absolutely good. It means that the House has until April 14 to report it from committee and April 28 to hear it.

The knife laws are not part of the SDA, they are part of weapons restrictions that have been in place a LONG time. Specifically, 21 O.S. § 1272 has been around since 1910 I believe.

The SDA only addresses the carry of firearms. If Brady had written it, I'd guess knives would have been good and firearms bad. In the case of the SDA, firearms are good and the status quo for knives was maintained.

Ah ok its been a few months since I read the SDA and I thought the knife language was in there. I remember it being very old. Still needs to be stricken.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ah ok its been a few months since I read the SDA and I thought the knife language was in there. I remember it being very old. Still needs to be stricken.

Most people refer to the book from OSBI as the SDA. I totally understand.

That's why I like HB1796-FA7. It strikes that law, too. Basically, Oklahoma gets a clean slate when it comes to tools.

Latest posts

Top Bottom