Open carrying AR15 at Tulsa Gathering Place

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Please do not continue spreading the false narrative that you speak for everyone that visits here. I am hopeful that those who feel that participating in the use of and or carrying of weapons (for lawful purposes )never feel as though they should keep their habits hidden as if it is some sort of taboo are in the minority. Allow me to give you a couple slightly different perspectives to consider. As someone earlier point out (sorry KP but you know this is true) KP will be quite high on an active shooters “first to engage list”. Which would give others in the area at least a few precious seconds time to either unass the AO or get inside (the shooters) OODA and properly dose (the shooter) with appropriate medicine. Now for the obvious point. That soccer mom who has nothing better to do with her life than call in and report KP for his activities (legal) needs to be taught to STFU.

Does Oktoberfest fall under HB 2010, which clarified the status of carrying on trust and park land, such as Zoos and the Gathering Place?

E. In any municipal zoo or park of any size that is owned, leased, operated or managed by:

1. A public trust created pursuant to the provisions of Section 176 of Title 60 of the Oklahoma Statutes; or

2. A nonprofit entity,

an individual shall be allowed to carry a concealed handgun but not openly carry a handgun on the property.

Since it's at Riverparks, I believe it does. In that case, concealed handguns are allowed open carry and rifles may be prohibited, no?

I'm throwing in an edit: As of Nov 1 2019.

Last edited:

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Please do not continue spreading the false narrative that you speak for everyone that visits here. I am hopeful that those who feel that participating in the use of and or carrying of weapons (for lawful purposes )never feel as though they should keep their habits hidden as if it is some sort of taboo are in the minority. Allow me to give you a couple slightly different perspectives to consider. As someone earlier point out (sorry KP but you know this is true) KP will be quite high on an active shooters “first to engage list”. Which would give others in the area at least a few precious seconds time to either unass the AO or get inside (the shooters) OODA and properly dose (the shooter) with appropriate medicine. Now for the obvious point. That soccer mom who has nothing better to do with her life than call in and report KP for his activities (legal) needs to be taught to STFU.
You broke up...what'd ya say? I think I heard something like, those that open carry AR's or other large more noticeable choices are actually doing those that don't carry large weapons a favor. They are kinda wearing a sign (more noticeable weapon) that says "Hey, try n kill me first so these other folks have time to react". Oh and there was something about AO n OODA.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rode around okc on my motorcycle yesterday. I stayed on my bike though.
a931a8846c255208f97fe013a3b835c6.jpg

Is that a Fat Boy?

Oh wait, that's a Honda. NM...

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Riverparks has been a thing since the 70s. :D
I don't get to Tulsa much but I did go to a big concert by the river in the late '90s.

It was Susan Tedeschi, Buddy Guy, and B.B. King. Buddy Guy put on one hell of a show. The crowd was so fired up that he just kept on playing and they had to cut the power to get him off of the stage so B.B. could come on.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was it the Octoberfest event?

Apparently Don Spencer had some trouble trying to get in to that venue.

I'm curious why he was quoting a law that hasn't gone into effect yet?

It's also curious how retired officers can be used in a manner that creates the impression they are active officers; "Tulsa police" badges and patches etc...

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was it the Octoberfest event?

Apparently Don Spencer had some trouble trying to get in to that venue.

Good lord he's a dumbass.

IIRC, Oktoberfest is a 501 3 C that leases the area from Tulsa Riverparks, which is another private/public non-profit just like The Gathering Place. They make a majority of their sales from alcohol so I don't see how they could allow any CCW in the first place?

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's also curious how retired officers can be used in a manner that creates the impression they are active officers; "Tulsa police" badges and patches etc...

I wonder if they’re in Reserve status. I know TPD has a reserve but last I knew (been a few years) typically they were used for desk work and NOT patrols or anything like this (and maybe exceptions made for retired officers).

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm curious why he was quoting a law that hasn't gone into effect yet?

My thoughts also.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder if they’re in Reserve status. I know TPD has a reserve but last I knew (been a few years) typically they were used for desk work and NOT patrols or anything like this (and maybe exceptions made for retired officers).

Maybe, but they introduced themselves as retired officers.

Do retired officers still hold commissions and have arrest authority?

Latest posts

Top Bottom