Open carrying AR15 at Tulsa Gathering Place

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's really going on? He's quoting a law that Will go into effect (but hasn't yet) that states he can carry concealed but not openly at events like this. Is he carrying openly? If not, why doesn't he just shut his yap, walk in and enjoy the party?

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What's really going on? He's quoting a law that Will go into effect (but hasn't yet) that states he can carry concealed but not openly at events like this. Is he carrying openly? If not, why doesn't he just shut his yap, walk in and enjoy the party?
I heard him stating he was carrying concealed. It appears that he walked up and asked "permission" to enter. It seems to me that Don looks for confrontation like several other auditors. I've got mixed feelings on it.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
This is the video from the 2018 event.

I believe the law he is quoting is from 2016.

There has been new law that was passed this year that from what I understand clarifies that these places cannot ban concealed carry.

Interestingly enough, one compromise that Don supported, to help get permitless carry passed, was to not allow open carry at these publicly owned venues.

Last edited:

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He wasn't quoting CC. This law was amended last year.

He was quoting HB 2010 which doesn't go into effect until November. He clearly reads that Bill number in the video.

I happen to agree that the existing law already precluded a public or private entity from restricting carry on public property, even if that property is cloaked in some sort of trust....and it is good that 2010 provides some clarity, but he repeatedly relies on 2010 in his discussions with the officers (retired officers/rent a cops) and that law is not in effect yet.

Last edited:

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Normally, yes, but you can see them asking people to lift their shirts prior to entry. Not that that search method can't be defeated, but they are actively looking for concealed carriers.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe, but they introduced themselves as retired officers.

Do retired officers still hold commissions and have arrest authority?

I'm dunno either.

Though I wouldn't put it past a retired, reserve officer to introduce themselves as done in the video as to not throw out the word "Reserve" to describe themselves. That's projecting a little I admit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom