Open carrying AR15 at Tulsa Gathering Place

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sklfco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How to win friends and influence people?
lol
I agree with him, your lack of grammar, punctuation and spelling and I didnt make it past your fist sentience.
I haven’t read that one. Currently about halfway through unintended consequences for the second time.
Pardon my ignorance as I am a transplant to this part of the country but what is this “fist sentience” you say I have?

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bob, you really are quite emotional.......aren’t you! ( those that did not read that and hear Lee Marvin need to go back and try again perhaps a dozen dirty times if needed to get the correct effect)

So let’s see if I can help you. Bob comes from ( gasp ) I have absolutely no clue what your given name is so I pulled it out of my hindquarters (like you should do with those panties that are wedged in yours, really if you leave them in there too long you could get one of them fections and have to go see the doc fer a shot). Bob also happens to be generic, non offensive to just about everyone and (herein lies the important piece) is not only spelled the same way forward or backwards but is a very simple and easy 2 finger typing move. (Yes I am aware that paints me as lazy)

My expectations was that you would of come back with something along the lines of “look pard the names not Bob it’s (________) and we could of continued with the conversation properly. I will be using your reaction to benefit myself though! I will use it as proof to my wife that I am not always right! (It has been a bad year and this is only about the third one so I do appreciate it!!)

What next.......bouncing ah yes.

Hate to break it to ya cowboy but ifn ya gots to asks somebody to break it down fer ya that meets the minimum definition of missed it. ( to add to that minimum I will also make the small point that you were the only one to ask to have it broken down,which leads to the simple conclusion that everyone else that read it got it.)

Onward we go, next up personal attack.

Bob, if you truly perceived in those 2 poorly formed sentences an attack on your person your life must really suck. Seriously, are you that sensitive? If so which one of the dozen or so words triggered you? If anything it was mildly dismissive, rude on my part but nowhere near an attack.

Splain it to you.... ok here goes. “Ignored Member” made the comment about KP riding the shadow with the AR on a sling that it “makes us all look bad”

I asked him to not use the word ALL since that is not true. Then proceeded to list a couple of what I considered simplistic alternative viewpoints to the situation, there are more than that but the whole dead horse in the ditch rule applies. In Your first reply you asked exactly 1 question “You broke up...what'd ya say?” The rest of your reply just making statements in your own words about what I had said. I pondered a different reply but concluded that making you think about it and reflect within yourself would be best in the long run or perhaps you simply were choking on the different viewpoint unable to break free from the heard so to say. If you would of asked your question a bit different perhaps you would of received a different reply.

Jeez Bob, now what?.....

Oh yes the last 3/4 of your reply attempting to elicit some sort of emotional response/draw me into some type of physical altercation with insults and taunting. Nope not interested, complete fail. There are monsters in the world Bob, you however are not one of them. I will ask you to stop taunting folks you don’t know. Someday some dumb kid might just take you up on it and I know you really don’t want that. Hope after reading this you change your attitude at least a bit. By the way the name is Jim.

**Reader warning (alternate ending ahead)**

If not then Cowboy the f up Bob. Load up yer sixgunz and that 30/30 win and I will meets ya out past the last bridge on FO road. That’s the one where you make the right turn off of the Up Yours expressway.

bishface.
Well you explained a little better that time which you could have done much earlier.

Dear bishface,

I won't need any hardware to handle ya. You soft bro.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, I've been pretty quiet this past few weeks because I actually work for Oktoberfest and the past two weeks I was busy with two different departments (kids tent and decorations). First, and foremost, Oktoberfest leases the park for the event. For the time period that the Oktoberfest is operational it ceases to be a public park within the boundary of the festival. They actually addressed that in our safety meeting. And yes, the retired officers are still on as reserve officers and still have their CLEET status. While Riverparks helps with the festival, they are not the ones who run it. Oktoberfest Tulsa is a separate entity that relies on corporate sponsors to put on the festival. So for Oktoberfest they have the right to restrict and ban firearms from the festival. You can conceal carry on other parts of Riverpark area, just not within the festival.

Honestly, a bar is the last place I would like to see firearms. Oktoberfest is basically one big bar for the weekend. I can't tell you how many stupidly drunk people I saw over the weekend. The thought of people like them armed, especially in the crowds the festival draws, is pretty frightening.

Last edited:

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A public place doesn’t cease to be a public place because an entity rents it.

That was definitively established with the Norman music festival.

On 1 November, the law will be more clear on that subject.

I believe the difference is the type of events. Norman Music Festival is an open festival where as Oktoberfest is a closed one. Plus the primary reason for going to Oktoberfest is to drink (yes, I know its actually to celebrate the harvest and enjoy German culture, but lets get real. In 5 days, with 3 of them being partial days, we sold over 2,000 kegs worth of beer not to mention the hard alcohol stations), like the difference between a pub and a bar.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@Tanis143 But the police didn't mind all of those stupidly drunk people going through the kid's tent you helped set up in the middle of that bar. Children shouldn't have been allowed either if the police are using alcohol as a reason to not be allowed in. If I'm carrying in Octoberfest I've already determined I'm not there to drink. I'd be going for the food and music myself and therefore shouldn't be a problem letting me in.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I believe the difference is the type of events. Norman Music Festival is an open festival where as Oktoberfest is a closed one. Plus the primary reason for going to Oktoberfest is to drink (yes, I know its actually to celebrate the harvest and enjoy German culture, but lets get real. In 5 days, with 3 of them being partial days, we sold over 2,000 kegs worth of beer not to mention the hard alcohol stations), like the difference between a pub and a bar.

There is nothing in the current law about the type of event, open or closed. If it’s a park, it’s a park and nobody in control of it can restrict carry.

The alcohol issue is really a separate issue...and covered by a different section of the law. But I agree, not a good place to mix booze and guns.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't have time to look it up now, but I believe that SMS is correct in that 2010 SPECIFICALLY states otherwise and clarifies the "trust" issue. Cities were skirting the intent of the law in doing this and it puts that to an end. The fact that you were told otherwise surprises me not in the least, even IF it were already in effect.

And didn't the alcohol thing get addressed at some point too? I'm thinking that you can now carry in an establishment that serves, you just can't be one being served?

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is nothing in the current law about the type of event, open or closed. If it’s a park, it’s a park and nobody in control of it can restrict carry.

Actually, since its a closed event, they have the right to deny access to it. If you are found to be carrying they can deny you access or ask you to leave if found within the festival. That is the difference between the NMF and Oktoberfest.

Latest posts

Top Bottom