Open carrying AR15 at Tulsa Gathering Place

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was under the impression that the amended law concerning parks went into effect when the Governor signed it because it fell under the concealed carry law.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Again, I'm still curious as to how the sale of alcohol plays into all of this? I get that the audit boys are gonna douche......because "mUh RIghTs!"..... but I don't see how any CCW is allowed due to the proportion of alcohol sales being the vast majority?

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was under the impression that the amended law concerning parks went into effect when the Governor signed it because it fell under the concealed carry law.

It changed the language in the statutes, specific Title 21 section 1277 (FYI the OK Self Defense Act is section 1290) Unless an emergency order/act or whatever they call it, it always goes into effect Nov 1. SB 2010 was not though.

https://legiscan.com/OK/bill/HB2010/2019

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry it bounced just over your head Bob. Don’t worry yourself too much about it, after all it really is ok to be different.
I'm pretty sure nothing bounced over my head. I'm positive that you didn't care to reiterate what you said in clearer terminology. Since you just dove for a personal attack, let's do this. Matter of factly, instead of the personal word attack, why don't you bring your hide behind the keyboard azz somewhere and splain it to me. We can't live to far apart and I can probably get you one of those Uber drivers if Grammy can't carry you somewheres. It's ok to be different but what makes different people great is when they can splain it. You can't evidently. Bob? Don't know where you came up with that name. Your name from this day forward shall be.........bishface... yes that's a wonderful name for you. Anyhow, if this really aggravates you just lemme know how you'd like to proceed. I'm not some guy who just banters back and forth hurling insults really. We can either discuss the topic, you can shut up or you can whip my azz. This is how we shall proceed from here. Is that simple enough? I hope so.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't get to Tulsa much but I did go to a big concert by the river in the late '90s.

It was Susan Tedeschi, Buddy Guy, and B.B. King. Buddy Guy put on one hell of a show. The crowd was so fired up that he just kept on playing and they had to cut the power to get him off of the stage so B.B. could come on.

I like ALL of those performers!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder if they’re in Reserve status. I know TPD has a reserve but last I knew (been a few years) typically they were used for desk work and NOT patrols or anything like this (and maybe exceptions made for retired officers).
Wasn't it a TPD Reserve officer that shot and killed a guy a few years back grabbing his pistol and not his taser? I think the officer just got out of jail this year.

Latest posts

Top Bottom