Open Cary...would it be wrong to legislate some comon sense?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DFarcher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think it is infringing on any ones rights to require everyone to keep proper control of their weapon. I saw and had a conversation today with a guy carrying a 1911, condition 1. His holster was home made and basically an open ended bucket. He was carrying the firearm behind his hip, pretty much on his back. Any 5 year old could have disarmed this guy before he knew hat was happening. Some sort of retention should be required on open carry rigs.

Last edited:

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I openly wear my gun cross-draw above my left knee. It stays out of my way until I need it. I secure it with the binder twine I cut off hay bales. I go to town twice a month. Nobody fukcs with me.

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I openly wear my gun cross-draw above my left knee. It stays out of my way until I need it. I secure it with the binder twine I cut off hay bales. I go to town twice a month. Nobody fukcs with me.

Before u go to town try this, take a bath and splash a little Hai Karate on ur jowls, this should get the attention you're lookin fer!

Capm_Spaulding

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think it is infringing on any ones rights to require everyone to keep proper control of their weapon. I saw and had a conversation today with a guy carrying a 1911, condition 1. His holster was home made and basically an open ended bucket. He was carrying the firearm behind his hip, pretty much on his back. Any 5 year old could have disarmed this guy before he knew hat was happening. Some sort of retention should be required on open carry rigs.
attachment.php
\

We don't want government control on anything! Overreach! Power to the people!
Unless it's to do with atheists, abortion, homosexuals, or just anything we don't like...

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yes it would be wrong. If i wanna pocket carry or just tuck my gun in my waistband or belt, I don't see a problem with that.

Just leave me alone, I'm a big boy and can decide how, when or what I carry. Firearm retention is not for the Govt to decide.

ChuckC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They could have one of those fingerprint readers that only unlock for the registered owner.

Probably be less hassle to just hold people responsible for their actions though.

eyecyou

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have to agree with lurker.

When i open carry its more for show than anything. The weapon you should be worried about is the one I have my hand on in my pocket.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom