Open Cary...would it be wrong to legislate some comon sense?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's a slippery slope I'd rather not start down. As has been said before, you can't legislate common sense.

Exactly. What all are you going to legislate?
Barrel coverage?
Thumb strap?
Thumb strap width?
Retention button?
Strength of holster materials?

I mean seriously, how many variables, how many types of retention need to be covered, which are sufficient, can they be homemade, etc.,

Are you a lobbyist for the holster manufacturing industry??????
Number of attachment points?

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think it is infringing on any ones rights to require everyone to keep proper control of their weapon. I saw and had a conversation today with a guy carrying a 1911, condition 1. His holster was home made and basically an open ended bucket. He was carrying the firearm behind his hip, pretty much on his back. Any 5 year old could have disarmed this guy before he knew hat was happening. Some sort of retention should be required on open carry rigs.
People that try to push ignorant restrictions such as this are one of the big problems in today's world. Let's idiot proof the nation. That way all the nitwits live to die of natural causes. Regulation will save us all! Idocracy is coming!

daddyof3_101

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I did open carry I would use a retention holder. But that is MY CHOICE. I don't believe it should be mandatory. But I always get a chuckle when I see an 800 dollar gun in a floppy crap 20 dollar neoprene holster.

This signature is illegal in California

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, we don't need more laws. Yes, I also wish people would use a brain when OC. Saw a guy yesterday with what looked like a Jennings, flopping around in a galco slide holster. We were at Jason's deli.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Exactly. What all are you going to legislate?
Barrel coverage?
Thumb strap?
Thumb strap width?
Retention button?
Strength of holster materials?

I mean seriously, how many variables, how many types of retention need to be covered, which are sufficient, can they be homemade, etc.,

Are you a lobbyist for the holster manufacturing industry??????
Number of attachment points?

Just 'common sense' legislation. While we're at it, let's include the number of spare mags / speed loaders / rounds you can carry.
The 'type' of round.
Mag capacity.

and let's get rid of them 'assault machine pistols', you know the them plastic ones that can't be seen on the airport scanners.
don't forget them 'ghost guns', too. After all, who with 'common sense' REALLY NEEDS one of those things. They are made just for committing mass murders.

Why can't we have just a little bit of 'common sense'? :rolleyes:

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In keeping with common sense, I open carry the frame in one holster and the slide and magazines in another holster on the opposite side. Fools them weapon snatchers every time. Just common sense.

Latest posts

Top Bottom