OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Legend has it, Carl Etling is the only place in Oklahoma to catch trophy tiger muskie.

I can neither confirm nor deny said "legend." I don't fish. I did as a kid with my dad, but I was too bored just sitting on the bank waiting for a fish to bite. So, I tried fishing with lures. I practiced casting enough to put the lure right where I wanted to.

However, Dad didn't appreciate my new method of fishing. He told me to go on down the bank quite a ways because I was scaring the fish with my continuous casting and reeling in.

Some time later, all my fishing gear, including fly rod and other stuff, was stolen and never got replaced.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Growing up, we had a place on FT. Gibson lake, and my grandparents from KC would come visit often. My grandmother loved to fish off the dock and she always told us that my grandfather did also. She never knew that he never had a hook on his line, he just enjoyed sitting on the dock with her.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OIP.8Uv7tgr4Mum9oO6DssK92wHaKS

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Out and about today, so we ate out. Went to Tacos Don Nachos for lunch. Not bad food. Better than Las Vaqueros in Mustang but not as good as Abuelo's on Memorial in OKC.

Wife had the Wet Burrito, son had some burrito "dinner," and I had the Enchiladas Rancheros. Like I said, all thought it was good.

HOWEVER, the wimp in the room (me) couldn't handle the salsa with the chips. Too hot for me, although the wife and son did like it. The chips were better than most we've had in restaurants, perhaps even better than Abuelo's chips.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
HOWEVER, the wimp in the room (me) couldn't handle the salsa with the chips. Too hot for me, although the wife and son did like it.
Not a connoisseur (lol, by any means), but some (most?) places offer either salsa or queso dip as an appetizer. You may have to request it before they bring out the salsa by default.
:drunk2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom