OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, you are right about Kudzu. I misquoted what I read about the plant. We are still amazed at its resilience and ability to spread.

And I thought Bindweed was bad.
Living down in the South those many years ago we always said " The last two things on earth will be Kudzu and coyotes. And Kudzu would eventually win".
I just remember we had Kudzu growing on one side of our yard. We would chop it back every year in the fall. The one year we didn't it turned into a weekly chore all summer. Cut it back to the property line and by the next time you mowed it had encroached 7 to 10 feet into the yard. Cut back to line and repeat next time you mowed. We sprayed it one year with weed killer it turned yellowish for about two weeks and came back with a vengeance like it got a ton of fertilizer thrown on it. Fenced it off once and put goats in with it. Guess what I found out, goats don't like kudzu. The only thing still green that wasn't bare dirt inside the fence at the end of the summer was the kudzu.
Living down in the south we would see people with out of state tags stopped on the side of the road getting clippings to take back home. Most we would stop and warn about the plant but many would take clippings anyway. We had to shake our heads for they know not what they are starting cause it will survive.

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
SANY0079.JPG
SANY0083.JPG
SANY0086.JPG
SANY0081.JPG
Happy Fathers Day!!!!
I just got back from my ranch...got 5 loads of gravel....used the bulldozer and tractor to spread it out....I now have 4 RV pads with 50amp & 30amp service, central water and septic.....here are a few pics

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good evening guys,

Hope all the dads had a great Father's Day today. I had to work all day. Just got into the city from working all day in Tulsa. Time for JB Black.

The wife and I stopped at a few boat dealerships on the way home but no one has any inventory. YIKES! We may have to order one but I was really wanting to go look at them before we picked one. Oh well............

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom