OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good morning everyone. A little late on posting this, but we got a lot of rain Saturday evening/ night. Not a dry pond in the county. In fact, most are out of the banks. Here’s a pic of one of mine. It’s not used for livestock anymore so no “pond maintenance” comments are required.
EE453FF9-7BBC-4449-AB3C-8F7CB8164C97.jpeg

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good morning everyone. A little late on posting this, but we got a lot of rain Saturday evening/ night. Not a dry pond in the county. In fact, most are out of the banks. Here’s a pic of one of mine. It’s not used for livestock anymore so no “pond maintenance” comments are required.
View attachment 268592

We went through Hulen and Pumpkin Center, going to OKC, yesterday. All the ponds were looking good.
Get to Sterling and the ponds were dry.
From Rush Springs on to OKC, the ponds were full.

We got 1.25" here, needed it bad.
Looks like it missed some folks, though.

Last edited:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just for future reference, our event is held at the Embassy Suites next to OU Medical Center. It’s a mile from Bass Pro and two and a half miles from downtown. Big parking lot and it’s free if you don’t stay over night.
it says in its title name that it is the Embassy Suites Downtow/Bricktown but it is not in downtown or Bricktown. Lol!! Weird I know.

Yeah, I knew it wasn't right downtown, but when I remembered that you had stated that there were over 3000 people registered for the event, I figured that parking in that area would be hard to find.

As for our family matters, for one thing, we have a grandniece in Kansas that has discovered that she has some kind of "mass" inside her head that is near one of her eyes and her nose and possibly pressing against her brain. So, we've been trying to keep in touch with how she is doing. We heard yesterday that they have done a biopsy on the "mass," and hopefully we will know if it is benign or malignant within a few days. What kind of hurts is that this is all occurring just before her college graduation. If you are the praying type, say one for April.

As for us, we are in the prep stage in case we get the call for our Summer work job. Wife orders stuff that we will want/need when we are out on the road for weeks and months. We've got some popcorn ordered that should arrive today. We have to get the snack bag size because most of the hotels don't have large microwave units.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This was the absolute perfect day for being in the yard getting small projects completed!! Seems we don't many of these type days here in Okieland.

You are absolutely right. That's kinda' what I had planned today. Then, I walked into the garage and found water all over the floor. I thought our old upright freezer had bit the dust. Then, I realized I could hear the compressor running. Previous owners had a water softener and there were some pex lines and copper tubing beside the freezer from that. Copper tubing had sprung a leak through a tiny hole. I'm still a one-armed bandit and the wife and I could not get the water turned off due to the way the city installed our new meter and manhole! (:censored::angry3::finger::madbox::pissed:). I called the plumber we always use, and it was gonna be 1 1/2 to 2 hours before they could get anybody here. SO ... between the wife and I, we got some duct tape around the copper fitting to slow and re-direct the leak. Directed the water into a funnel attached to a garden hose and got it running out into the yard. Then, we started moving all the crap that had to be moved to get the freezer out of the way so the plumber could work. It took 2 1/2 hours for them to get here, and about an hour to complete repairs. The silver lining ... I now have not one, but TWO, ball valves easily accessible to shut off water to the house without messing with the meter and a water key. The city, within the last two or three years, has replaced all the meters in town with remote-read meters and they did a crappy job with the installation of the new meters and manholes. The plumber said he has seen worse then ours. He said he worked on one recently where they had installed the shut-off valve SIDEWAYS, and it took a crescent wrench and a screwdriver to turn it off! ANYWAY ... most everything is back in place, and I'm bushed. This old one-armed bandit is done for the day and enjoying a cold brewski!!!!!

ETA: Thanks for letting me vent. Now, go have a beer for me!

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thoughts and prayers for your niece Terry.

Beautiful day. I did some welding and painting.

Thank you. Since her the family doesn't see a need for anyone to travel up there, we probably won't be going.

The wife and I had a nice day to get out and do our daily walk outside instead of in a shopping mall somewhere.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I managed to get some plants out of the window sills and into the garden.

Probably an hour or less for most of you. It took me 6 hours. But out 3 red bell peppers. Took about 20 minutes and set with O2 for 30 minutes. Put out 2 more bell pepper, another 45 minutes. Got 6 yellow squash out, plant 2, hit O2. Then 3 zucchini and 3 acorn squash and 3 eggplant. Finished up with 8 watermelons. Maybe can't get cantaloupe, purple peas done saturday and okra in a couple weeks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom