OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a similar day as well, but the last two days have been disasters. I’ve been working on adding a new water line in my RV park. On Tuesday, I trenched a total of about 20 feet before I got into an electrical line. The rest of the day was spent fixing that screw up. Yesterday I trenched about 10 feet before cutting an existing water line. The rest of my day was spent fixing that screw up. Thank goodnesses, we don’t have natural gas in our area. I was really dreading getting started today, but I finally got it trenched without tearing anything else up. I would have considered that a successful day, but I also had a few other things fall into place such as finding a new tenant for one of my cabins and finalizing a lease on a commercial property. The icing on the cake was checking on a pasture to see that it finally got cut today. The guy that cuts and bales my hay has been running way behind this summer because of equipment issues. If my luck holds out, I should have bales of hay sitting in the pasture in the next couple of days.
I hope this doesn't mean I'm in for a couple of rough "make up" days.... :rollingla

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Too bad you're so far away. I actually do know somebody in need of a barn cat or two, but it ain't worth drivin that far to get them. Besides, I'm sure somebody will 'drop some off' for him one of these days!

Ok we are now the proud kittie parents of 2 darling little guys. There are 2 momma cats and 3 babies left. Ask your friend -- I will be glad to gather up the ones he'd like to have and bring them to you. Might be a week or 2 because my work schedule is weird but I'll try and make something work.

Yes, Grumpy was bribed with a stop at Camo Corner. Lol

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@dancer4life

This one is for you since it involves dancing, which is your profession. In the past, I have used a photo hosting/sharing site called "Pbase" to get ideas for image composure, subjects, and camera equipment comparisons. Years ago, I ran across this photographer's work simply by accident. The images of ballet dancers that he captured amazed me. So, I thought I would share this guy's work with you.

His name is Richard Calmes, and if one goes to Pbase and uses the search function, his work is easy to find. For now though, I will only provide links to his site at Pbase rather than "steal" his photos and post here. This first link takes one to an image entitled "Angel Descending." It was created by the man crouching and holding the lady's hands as she stood on his thighs. She also held the fabric of her gown in her hand, and when she leapt into the air, she threw the fabric upward. As she ascended, the man naturally fell backwards from being out of balance and Mister Calmes got the photo.

Angel Descending

This next link is to his "home" page at Pbase: Richard Calmes Photo Galleries

Then, here is a link to his "page" for "Dance Galleries." Dance Galleries

Finally, this link is to a gallery entitled "National Museum of Dance." National Museum of Dance 2014-2015

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok we are now the proud kittie parents of 2 darling little guys. There are 2 momma cats and 3 babies left. Ask your friend -- I will be glad to gather up the ones he'd like to have and bring them to you. Might be a week or 2 because my work schedule is weird but I'll try and make something work.

Yes, Grumpy was bribed with a stop at Camo Corner. Lol

Thanks for the offer, but it's just too many miles on high dollar fuel for some barn cats. I think his sister has some just up the road, so he'll probably be inheriting some 'strays' anyway!

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the offer, but it's just too many miles on high dollar fuel for some barn cats. I think his sister has some just up the road, so he'll probably be inheriting some 'strays' anyway!

Haha! Sounds like it.

These 2 still haven't come out of their crate -- tho they have moved from the back of it to the front where they can look around out of the door. I think when I put their food in the playpen this evening I'll set it a little bit outside the door so they have to stick their heads halfway out to eat.

One of them is docile and tolerates being petted. The other one hisses and bats at anything that moves. Lol Neither of them seem too much worse for wear, except for the flea bites around their eyes. Becca gave them both a bath and cleaned them up but their eyes are gonna take a while to heal up. They'll look (and hopefully act) like different cats in a week or so ...

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@dancer4life

This one is for you since it involves dancing, which is your profession. In the past, I have used a photo hosting/sharing site called "Pbase" to get ideas for image composure, subjects, and camera equipment comparisons. Years ago, I ran across this photographer's work simply by accident. The images of ballet dancers that he captured amazed me. So, I thought I would share this guy's work with you.

His name is Richard Calmes, and if one goes to Pbase and uses the search function, his work is easy to find. For now though, I will only provide links to his site at Pbase rather than "steal" his photos and post here. This first link takes one to an image entitled "Angel Descending." It was created by the man crouching and holding the lady's hands as she stood on his thighs. She also held the fabric of her gown in her hand, and when she leapt into the air, she threw the fabric upward. As she ascended, the man naturally fell backwards from being out of balance and Mister Calmes got the photo.

Angel Descending

This next link is to his "home" page at Pbase: Richard Calmes Photo Galleries

Then, here is a link to his "page" for "Dance Galleries." Dance Galleries

Finally, this link is to a gallery entitled "National Museum of Dance." National Museum of Dance 2014-2015
YAAAAASSSSSSSS!
Richard Calmes is an amazing artist. We are very familiar with his work. Even though we don’t teach Ballet we have had prints of his photos hanging in our studio.
We have 3 walls at the studio dedicated to dance art/prints/photos and we had I think 6 or 8 of his prints some years ago. Not originals though.
We have a friend that lives in Atlanta that is a specialized dance photographer. She is our event photographer for our competition every April. She is taken some amazing photos of Ballroom/Swing dancers similar to Calmes.
She is by no means as well known as he is but very talented as a dance photographer.

Very cool Terry, thanks for posting these links.
The wife and I have been looking through them on amazement.

Stay cool my friend.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We got a decent rain ... Temp is a LOT more tolerable. I bet it's muggy as **** tomorrow ... Bleh

Babies came out and snooped around their playpen a little -- and ate a TON ... Now if they will just poop ... Sorry ... It's the mom in me. There should be some pissing and pooping going on ... And there is not. If something doesn't happen overnight I guess we will be at the vet's bright and early in the morning.

In other news, I got the go-ahead for my neck surgeries. Right side the 12th, left side the 26th. Man am I ready! After that we can start on my thoracic spine -- which gives me WAY more trouble at times. I'm so over all this **** -- it's been a while coming. Damned insurance companies drive me NUTS ...

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pretty sure I’ll be sleeping on the couch tonight. I was talking with a guy on the phone whose father is getting ready to have an estate sale. My wife overheard me asking if there was going to be any guns at the sale. I promised her a couple weeks ago that I wouldn’t buy anything for awhile because we’re saving to build a new barn. She came into the room with her hands on her hip which is never a good thing. She then mumbled something and walked out. I’m going to do the dishes this evening and see if that gets me out of the dog house.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We got a decent rain ... Temp is a LOT more tolerable. I bet it's muggy as **** tomorrow ... Bleh

Babies came out and snooped around their playpen a little -- and ate a TON ... Now if they will just poop ... Sorry ... It's the mom in me. There should be some pissing and pooping going on ... And there is not. If something doesn't happen overnight I guess we will be at the vet's bright and early in the morning.

In other news, I got the go-ahead for my neck surgeries. Right side the 12th, left side the 26th. Man am I ready! After that we can start on my thoracic spine -- which gives me WAY more trouble at times. I'm so over all this **** -- it's been a while coming. Damned insurance companies drive me NUTS ...
We’re getting an unexpected good rain around here as well. Hope all is well with the kittens.

Latest posts

Top Bottom