OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good morning,
We are sitting at Will Rogers Airport waiting to catch our flight to Atlanta. Our first leg to our trip to Europe. We did a one way flight to Atlanta, staying the night and flying out to Munich, Germany tomorrow. We did it this way so we would not have any connection problems.
Plus our room at Embassy Suites in Atlanta is free due to our points, so why not. Lol.
Wishing you all a great Wednesday!

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Update: We got word around 9:30 or 10:00 this morning to head out. We are now in a hotel in Wichita Falls and waiting for our database. The office says that we should have the database by morning tomorrow, and we are then to first "run" a certification site on a highway somewhere and send in that data. Once that is deemed "good to go," we then start working the roads.

I guess we can officially say that boredom is done for the moment.
Safe travels Terry.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got our database yesterday around noon, so we fired up all the equipment and got a little bit of work done yesterday afternoon. Today, we start dong full days as long as dry weather stays with us.

That said, for the sake of everyone, I really hope that we get rained out for a couple of days.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hell broke loose right in front of me yesterday evening. I was sitting on my tailgate watching rain that was north of me, and I was hoping that it would build back my way. When I looked to the east, I saw smoke that I thought was coming from a neighbor’s property. I drove over that way and realized that the fire was about 10 miles from me. It was on a remote area of a ranch, and I knew it was going to burn a lot of acres. I was on the phone with the ranch manager when lightning struck about 200 yards away. It started a fire immediately, and it was heading directly towards an elderly neighbor’s home. I called 911 to let them know about the new fire while heading towards the neighbor’s house to help him get out. By the time I helped him and his dog get into my truck, the fire was all around us. Luckily, the wind was strong, but it couldn’t have been blowing in a better direction to save his house. The fire department was there pretty quickly, and they saved his house. The two fires eventually merged together, and it burned a couple thousand of acres. As far as I know, no lives or homes were lost. All of the responding fire departments did an excellent job in eventually getting the fire under control. Here’s a few pics from later in the evening after we were out of danger. The first one is my neighbor’s home.
CAA5FC4A-F9C7-44A6-B370-210638036766.jpeg
4D17410F-4613-4D30-AF64-94DE0536B2F7.jpeg
B2272E2E-E365-4408-BDC3-B3FA2FCD2D80.jpeg
9579CDE5-7F42-43E0-B11B-590EF2D945F2.jpeg
1D8A9F17-720A-40B8-BABB-DD891BF8CC71.jpeg
1FAEAFD4-1B67-4F00-8C00-67FB25EA1D55.jpeg

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good morning gang.
We made it to Munich yesterday morning. The 8 1/2 flight was not to bad. Watched lots of movies and had beer to drink. We spent most of yesterday visiting and catching up with the kids and our Grandson. Had dinner at their local Biertgarden.

Ths is us with our grandson at the Biertgarden.

Smile Tableware Table Drinkware Beer

Food Tableware Plate Table Ingredient

Food Tableware French fries Ingredient Staple food

76882816-77ED-44C3-B263-C67BA1C4F446.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom