OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good morning,

I am not looking forward to today and tomorrow. I have a 11 hour day then driving 3 hours to the lake house on Grand. Should get there around midnight. Going to try to sleep for 3 hours because then I have to pick up my Mom at 3:30am and drive her to Tulsa to catch a flight then drive back to the lake house. Should get back around 7:30am and plan on sleeping most of tomorrow but that will probably not happen.

Have a great day!!!!

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been a week for me. Wednesday, the wife and drove from Bonham, TX to the Wichita Falls area to work two records on the road survey and do the weekly certification runs. I was kind of under the weather a bit and doing some coughing. After getting those jobs done, we drove to Greenville, TX, which will be our next "central point" for working roads around that area.

Got back and the wife said I was going to an urgent care and I agreed. So, I tested positive for Covid (again). We spent the night in the hotel and then drove back to OK to spend the quarantine period. Treatment is three pills a day, morning and evening, for five days. After which, I have to get tested again. If I test positive again, I may have to do the 5 days again.

Not a happy camper right now.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been a week for me. Wednesday, the wife and drove from Bonham, TX to the Wichita Falls area to work two records on the road survey and do the weekly certification runs. I was kind of under the weather a bit and doing some coughing. After getting those jobs done, we drove to Greenville, TX, which will be our next "central point" for working roads around that area.

Got back and the wife said I was going to an urgent care and I agreed. So, I tested positive for Covid (again). We spent the night in the hotel and then drove back to OK to spend the quarantine period. Treatment is three pills a day, morning and evening, for five days. After which, I have to get tested again. If I test positive again, I may have to do the 5 days again.

Not a happy camper right now.
Wow, that sucks Terry. Hope you get felling better soon and hope the test is negative when you retest.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good evening folks,

The wife and I got all of our kitchen cabinets and pantry clean out and boxed up. Tomorrow we will finish boxing up what’s on the counter tops. I will also take out the kitchen sink and faucet. Already have a buyer for the sink, faucet and three of the interior lights that were in the kitchen and dining room.
The contractor will be here Thursday morning to start tearing out the counter tops, back splash and prepping the cabinets to be painted. Hopefully it won’t take to long from start to finish.

We are going to watch the Alabama vs Texas game in the morning then head back to the city. Should get there by the time the OU/Kent State & OSU/Arizona State game starts. We will see.

Hope everyone had a great day!

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow, that sucks Terry. Hope you get felling better soon and hope the test is negative when you retest.

Thanks, Dancer. In reality, I'm already feeling better. As of yesterday, my worst problem was a very sore throat if I sneezed, but this morning, my throat is a lot better feeling. I'm pretty sure this will all work out.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good evening gang,

Made it back to the city about an hour ago. Watching the end of my Oklahoma Sooners game against Kent State and having an adult beverage. Lol.

I was awarded a full remodel home today up on Grand before I left. By awarded, I mean I got the job from a referral from one of my neighbors that I did a lot of remodel work for.

It should be pretty easy because It’s already been gutted. I am going to put in two new bathrooms, new exterire doors, new sub floors and flooring, new countertops in the kitchen and bathrooms, new deck and stair cases and anything else he needs done. It’s going to be my winter project. He will be in Florida all winter so I can take my time.
Best of all, he is paying me by the hour.
I’m pretty happy to have some extra money coming in this winter. Wife is all smiles. LOL!!!!

Hope everyone had a great Sunday.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have good news on the workfront also -- I've been working 5 days a week for a bit now but my pain levels have been through the roof and I am worthless on my days' off. Tonight I asked to go back to 4 nights and they were fine with that. Thank goodness!! I haven't enjoyed a job this much since I worked for the flower shop in college and I really didn't want to have to quit.

It is interesting to me how, now that I don't actually need a job I enjoy working much, much more. Maybe because I can turn and walk away if it gets unbearable. I dunno. But I like it.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have good news on the workfront also -- I've been working 5 days a week for a bit now but my pain levels have been through the roof and I am worthless on my days' off. Tonight I asked to go back to 4 nights and they were fine with that. Thank goodness!! I haven't enjoyed a job this much since I worked for the flower shop in college and I really didn't want to have to quit.

It is interesting to me how, now that I don't actually need a job I enjoy working much, much more. Maybe because I can turn and walk away if it gets unbearable. I dunno. But I like it.
That’s great news!!!! 4 nights are much better than 5 nights anytime.

That’s how I feel about the remodel jobs I do. it’s not my real job so I don’t have to do any of them. I do them because I enjoy fixing things, doing construction and building things with my hands.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t think Texas roads as a whole are quite as bad Oklahoma, but they’re definitely not great. The road that pisses me off the worst in OK is the Indian Nation turnpike. I always drive in the right lane unless passing, but there are places that the pavement is so rough I have to drive in the left and move over if someone wants to pass me. Another stretch of bad road that I travel regularly is from Blackwell to OKC on 35. The right lane is horrible.
Agree 100% on both observations but they are resurfacing I-35 South of Blackwell.
The INT is horrible in the right lane especially when pulling a 15,000 lb fifth wheel. Okla law to not drive in the left lane unless passing be dammed on that stretch of road.

Latest posts

Top Bottom