OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1662071042012.png

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good Friday morning all,

It’s been raining all morning here at the lake. Nothing severe, just nice steady rain. Yea!!!!
Plan for today;
Finish coffee
Wake wife up
Take dogs in to get groomed
Prep food and get the place ready for all the company tomorrow.
Maybe get out on the boat or hit the indoor range, depending on weather.

Have a great day.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good evening all,

Busy day here at the lake.
Got the dogs all groomed, my Mom’s yard cut, caught a nice mess of Bass in the rain, and got the place ready for all the family tomorrow.

Now relaxing with a few Mango Habanero whiskey sours/

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Whew ... Busy night at work. Everyone getting ready for the long weekend I guess. It's all good, though. Makes the night go fast. All the critters are fed and watered. Just having a beer, waiting on the 10 o'clock news.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While on my trip in Arkansas, I commissioned a bladesmith to make me a custom ulu. I have a cheap stainless version that I've used for years, but I have been looking for a better one for a while. When I asked the bladesmith if he happened to have any ulu's in his small shop, he said no. However, he had the start of one that could be configured to my specifications. The blade will be 1075Cr1 high carbon steel with a walnut handle. He said it would be completed and sent to me in a couple of weeks!

:patriot:

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While on my trip in Arkansas, I commissioned a bladesmith to make me a custom ulu. I have a cheap stainless version that I've used for years, but I have been looking for a better one for a while. When I asked the bladesmith if he happened to have any ulu's in his small shop, he said no. However, he had the start of one that could be configured to my specifications. The blade will be 1075Cr1 high carbon steel with a walnut handle. He said it would be completed and sent to me in a couple of weeks!

:patriot:
That sounds awesome xseler. Hopefully you will post a picture of it when you get it.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wife and I are moving out of the Sherman/Denison, TX area today. Everything left for us to do in our region of the state will be in smaller cities/towns. Maybe I can stumble upon some less idiotic drivers.

Time was, I used to think that Texas' roads were much better than Oklahoma's, but now I'm not so sure after working surveys in Texas.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wife and I are moving out of the Sherman/Denison, TX area today. Everything left for us to do in our region of the state will be in smaller cities/towns. Maybe I can stumble upon some less idiotic drivers.

Time was, I used to think that Texas' roads were much better than Oklahoma's, but now I'm not so sure after working surveys in Texas.
I don’t think Texas roads as a whole are quite as bad Oklahoma, but they’re definitely not great. The road that pisses me off the worst in OK is the Indian Nation turnpike. I always drive in the right lane unless passing, but there are places that the pavement is so rough I have to drive in the left and move over if someone wants to pass me. Another stretch of bad road that I travel regularly is from Blackwell to OKC on 35. The right lane is horrible.

Latest posts

Top Bottom