OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The wife and I finished the road surveying in the Clarksville, TX area this afternoon, so it is off to work towards and in and around Paris, TX for the next few days. After the "initial" work is done, we have some redo's to do and then about 100 miles of new "records" that the state wants us to do. Currently, we have about 400 miles of the initial work to get done.

On top of that, a shipment of SSD hard drives that were shipped and supposed to be to us yesterday are still in Memphis at the FedEx facility. I swear that the facility there is bad about losing stuff. We had a shipment last year that got lost there that had lots of road survey data on them that we had to go back and do again. At least this time, it is blank drives, and they have now sent a second set of drives to meet us in Paris, TX at the hotel. Lets just hope this last shipment doesn't go through Memphis.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Whew!! So far, so good. Got the feed put up -- urgh ... And I have a million paint chips -- sheesh -- I am now paralyzed! 😂😂😂 Do I want blue🤔 ... Or purple🤔 ... And what color should I use for an accent?? 🤔Grey is the overriding color in the front of the house, so I mean either one would work but then what color of gold to I use for an accent color??🤔🤔 Decisions decisions decisions ... And THEN I gotta figure out what color of white I wanna use for the baseboards, moulding and built-ins. 😬😬😬 Yeah ... I'm actually having a BLAST! 😍😍😍😂😂😂

Any advice on how to prep a black particleboard cabinet to paint it white?? 🤷🤷
What do you mean by “what color of white”? You’re talking to a bunch of guys. White is white. Typical woman problems.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Follow up on Clarksville, TX. If one should happen to EVER be in this town, don't go to Grant's BBQ on the north side of town. Their BBQ is really iffy with regards to taste, a simple BBQ sandwich with nothing else on the side was $8.50, and if you wanted to just drink water, you had to buy bottled water. Also, if you got soda, you couldn't get refills.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Long, dreary day out here today...God knows we need the rain, but it sure doesn't help my outlook currently...thinking I need to get set up in the VA finally, see what they have going on...only been out for close to 14 years, been a "veteran" for 18.
Man, hang in there! Take it minute by minute, hour by hour, and day to day. Never thought I would do this in my life, but I’ve been seeing a grief counselor lately. Life can be hard, and getting the right help can ease the pain.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Long, dreary day out here today...God knows we need the rain, but it sure doesn't help my outlook currently...thinking I need to get set up in the VA finally, see what they have going on...only been out for close to 14 years, been a "veteran" for 18.

Dude, I understand COMPLETELY! It's been a rough couple of years and I'm still looking at at least one more major life change that isn't up to me. Like Joe says one step at a time. You know you can PM me if you want to talk. Sometimes it helps to talk it out. I'll say a prayer for you.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good morning all,

The wife and I are getting ready to head down stairs and get on the buss to take us down the the Texas State Fair for the game. I am hoping for a miracle and a little Sooner Magic today.

Have a great Saturday everyone!

670B85A5-4347-4212-8A53-8C01D6BCD1F2.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom