OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We finished our "initial" database of roads to survey yesterday, and today, we worked on the redo's and the add-on roads that Texas decided they wanted. All we have left to do is about 4 records (one near Gainesville and 3 near Vernon, TX) and doing the weekly (and hopefully, FINAL) certification. Once that is done, we sit here in Paris for a few days to see if any other redo's pop up.

Those records near Gainesville and Vernon and the certification will all be done tomorrow.

Then we get some days off. I wonder what the heck I can find to do for those few days?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good afternoon from lovely Richmond VA. A little deal tomorrow and then on to DC until Saturday. Anything you want me to pass on to Brandon?
Probably not allowed in this thread what I want to say, but I’d love to go to DC one day to see the memorials, changing of the guard at Arlington, Smithsonian and so on.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good evening everyone. A buddy of mine called me this afternoon and said let’s ride. We saddled up and took off for about a 4 hour ride. Now, I haven’t ridden much since last spring because of the miserable heat except for some time in the round pen during the evenings. I felt like a 10 year old while riding, but it was a different story when I crawled off my horse. Instantly, I felt like a 90 year old bow legged cowboy. Honestly, I’m looking for some sympathy because my wife has been laughing at me since I walked in the door. She’s even mocking me with the groaning sounds coming from my mouth. Damn women! I’d ride off into the sunset if I could crawl back on that horse, but I’m stuck here licking my wounds for the evening.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Probably not allowed in this thread what I want to say, but I’d love to go to DC one day to see the memorials, changing of the guard at Arlington, Smithsonian and so on.
Over the years, I have been here several times, and always find something I hadn’t seen before. Changing of the Guard and Arlington are both “must see”. I was in the Lincoln Monument totally by accident the day of the dedication of the Vietnam memorial. When we realized what was about to happen, we just hung around till the scheduled time and has front row seats. In spite of what often happens in this town, it is an excellent place to visit.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Prior to being sent to Pakistan back in the '60's with the Army, I had 3 weeks of TDY training near Warrenton, VA to learn a new system. After the training, we (6 of us) had to sit around waiting for our passports and visas to come through. (Because of our security clearances and the initial Mideast war, we had to fly commercial jet instead of military that would have touched down in Saudi Arabia.)

We were waiting for 5 or 6 weeks for the visas and passports, so I spent a fair bit of time in DC seeing the sights. As a low ranking enlisted man, my lunches in DC at that time was two McDonalds 19-cent burgers. But, I got to see a lot of the city back then. It is definitely worth going to see, but be sure to stay outside of the city. While I've not researched things, I would probably use some form of public transportation rather than drive my own vehicle into town.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good morning all,
I have a full day of work here at the studio today then the wife and at are heading back up to the lake house. I have a few remodel jobs I’m starting up there for the neighbors but just looking forward to relaxing on the deck. I might try to get the boat out some if the weather holds.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My mother in law finally got to come home today from Integris Baptist, post-open heart surgery, think she spent 19 days there including surgery day. As far as my day, the last couple have been better than the previous 8-10, still have moments but getting better. I even managed to get my first VA appt set up today, will be visiting the Clinton location in a few days to see how that works out...

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My mother in law finally got to come home today from Integris Baptist, post-open heart surgery, think she spent 19 days there including surgery day. As far as my day, the last couple have been better than the previous 8-10, still have moments but getting better. I even managed to get my first VA appt set up today, will be visiting the Clinton location in a few days to see how that works out...
Good to hear your mom is doing better. Now it's time for you to do the same.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have been going to Lake Tanneycomo in Missouri every year in the fall for 34 years.
It’s a week of relaxing and trout fishing. The lakeside resort we stay at is only a mile or so from Branson. Other than dining and shopping there we have never been to one of the shows. No desire to actually. We aren’t into hillbilly hoe down, country western music and so on which seems to be the theme of most.
While eating lunch yesterday at a restaurant, we saw an ad for an illusionist show, so booked our first show to see Rick Thomas. Had an act in Vegas for years before being asked to headline in the Andy Williams theater after Andy passed away.
I will say it was an impressive show with some illusions that were incredible.
Highly recommended for all ages.

Latest posts

Top Bottom