OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Beginning the hike of part of Navajo Loop and then Queen's Garden trails. This image was taken early in the start of the Navajo Loop trail. Going down for quite a distance made us realize that we thought we were glad to be going down at this stage of the trails. We were right. Coming back out of the hoodoos at Sunrise Point had a lot less of a grade than Navajo Loop had. I really felt sorry for those young families where the guy was carrying their youngster in a backpack as they ascended this trail.

It was a really nice hike of about 3 miles over a period of about 3 hours. Not bad for a 72-year-old lugging two cameras and taking over 500 photos on the hike.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Beginning the hike of part of Navajo Loop and then Queen's Garden trails. This image was taken early in the start of the Navajo Loop trail. Going down for quite a distance made us realize that we thought we were glad to be going down at this stage of the trails. We were right. Coming back out of the hoodoos at Sunrise Point had a lot less of a grade than Navajo Loop had. I really felt sorry for those young families where the guy was carrying their youngster in a backpack as they ascended this trail.

It was a really nice hike of about 3 miles over a period of about 3 hours. Not bad for a 72-year-old lugging two cameras and taking over 500 photos on the hike.

Is that part of the Grand Canyon? Palo Duro?

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is that part of the Grand Canyon? Palo Duro?

Sorry. That is at Bryce Canyon National Park in Utah.

When I first posted some photos from Bryce Canyon, someone here in Oklahoma on one of the forums said that he had seen Bryce the summer before, but that he wanted to see photos of Bryce Canyon with snow. So, we made more than one trip to Bryce to get photos, and all are on my Smugmug site. Some dates vary with the amount of snow that was present.

The south end of Bryce Canyon is also around 3000 feet higher in elevation than the north end. That south end was dang cold when we went up there when there was quite a bit of snow. I was bundled up pretty good with a jacket and a winter coat over it. Got back down to lower elevations at Bryce, and the winter coat came off.

Last edited:

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Contractors I was supposed to meet up with to look at a couple remodels for some reason never called today!! Stayed at the Hacienda and worked on my own stuff for a change!!

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So we went up to Mammoth Mountain last week when my son's school district has Ski Week. Yep, that's right, a full week of school off and it is a legit name, Ski Week. Anyways, if you don't know Mammoth it is one of the largest ski resorts in the country and has the most snow in the country at well over 31' Total at the summit for the year is nearly 50'. The boys snowboarded for three days and I decided to ski the last day. Snow was incredible. Here are some pics of from around town. IT was like this everywhere. THe condos we stayed in on the second floor had snow up to the balconies. It was incredible!

The second pic is our friends place. The front door is to the left of the garage door. They could barely get in.

IMG_0891.jpg
IMG_0907.jpg
IMG_0893.jpg

Last edited:

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to live outside of Salt Lake City. Those picts kinda remind me of Snowbird and Alta ski areas!

Latest posts

Top Bottom