OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just talked to her, and she seems to be doing better than last night. She was able to eat some breakfast and they are running antibiotics through her for the pneumonia and IV bags of potassium. My brother is with her now and I will go back this afternoon when I get off work.
Man, she was so active up to 60 days ago. She lived by herself, did gardening, lawn work, had lots of friends she did activities with. Then she fell and broke her femur. It seems that once she was down and immobile, her body just started to break down.
Goes to show you, and we tell all of our students this every day, that "motion is lotion". Once you stop moving, the body stops as well. Keep moving everybody, even if it just to walk around your neighborhood occasionally.

Also, thanks for all the prayers. They see to me working.

That in bold letters above: for quite some time, even though we used to regularly walk 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 miles most days, my legs got "splotchy" and discolored and swollen. Since December 1, I've been doing mostly leg exercises in preparation for knee surgery next month. The swelling has gone down and the looks of the legs are more like they should look for a guy that never wears shorts outside.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Taken at the Cimarron National Grassland located north of Elkhart, Kansas. For years, whenever we took a trip up to the Panhandle, I'd take a camera in hopes of catching the Yucca in bloom. That finally occurred one year and I went up to the grassland to get pictures at an overlook. The band of trees in the background indicates where the Cimarron River runs.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Woke up to this this morning. 1 down 3 to go
IMG_4577.jpeg

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is NOTHING on the planet cuter than babies. Babies ANYTHING!! But especially baby goats! Congrats!!

I have had a rough couple of days. Like a bunch of you guys I do PT for this that and the other. Started some new exercises because it is getting increasingly difficult to hold my head up. Not sleepy, just my neck and shoulder and upper back muscles are weakening for some reason. 🤷 Anyway, I must have really made something mad cuz I've fired off some horrid headaches. Today I woke up and things seem to be back to almost normal. Thank goodness.

Me and Dawg are gonna piddle around the house today and then make a nice hot coffee and kaluha and watch some football in our snuggly, old lady PJs ... 😁🤗🤗 I like being an old lady.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yesterday I Thought I had a bad tooth so I called my daughter in Broken Bow who is a dentist. She said to come on down and she would meet me at her office. She Did X-rays, full examination, teeth all in good shape however I have oral shingles…
Holy cow! I’ve never heard of that, but it sounds horrible.😳

RidgeRunner45-70

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Holy cow! I’ve never heard of that, but it sounds horrible.😳
It is horrible, it feels like a cold drilling freeze to the root of each tooth on my left side And like a mouth full of canker sores. Now it’s also on my tongue, lip and chin. Left side only. This f’ing sucks big.
Just a couple weeks ago my wife and I were discussing getting the shingles vaccine. Just talked about it…

Latest posts

Top Bottom