OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let me preface this posting with an immediate disclaimer: I AM PERFECTLY FINE AND IN GOOD HEALTH.

Now, the back story. Went in for my orthopedic exam and possible treatment. Physician's Assistant showed us the x-rays and explained what it all was about. The treatment that was suggested was to inject something into each knee and then also take some medicine orally (in a limited quantity to avoid issues with organs), and she then injected into the right knee.

Very shortly thereafter, I felt really light headed and laid down. I don't remember everything, but fairly soon I saw two paramedics coming into the exam room with their gurney. There was also about 6 or so people in that room just before the paramedics showed up. Was loaded up into the ambulance and they hooked up stuff, including an EKG machine. We initially thought of being taken to the Integres hospital there in Yukon, but after the docs there said that they didn't like what they saw on the EKG, they asked that I be taken to a bigger hospital. Paramedics called the wife, and she said take him (me) to Mercy instead.

After getting to Mercy and getting hooked up again to all kinds of stuff, them taking blood (and eventually a urine sample) to be tested, I got to visit with the wife. Apparently, I passed out for about 10 minutes and in that state managed to throw up on one of the staff guys. Wife said it was like I was choking, thus probably the reason for the ambulance.

Let me say that this is something that is EXTREMELY RARE for me, and I hope it never happens again. Mercy determined that I was fine to go home and got out a little before 3:00 this afternoon.

All in all, it was one very unfortunate day, but I'm wondering if the injection actually has helped that right knee. (Oh, and the left knee never got any kind of treatment. Huh, I wonder why?)

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Let me preface this posting with an immediate disclaimer: I AM PERFECTLY FINE AND IN GOOD HEALTH.

Now, the back story. Went in for my orthopedic exam and possible treatment. Physician's Assistant showed us the x-rays and explained what it all was about. The treatment that was suggested was to inject something into each knee and then also take some medicine orally (in a limited quantity to avoid issues with organs), and she then injected into the right knee.

Very shortly thereafter, I felt really light headed and laid down. I don't remember everything, but fairly soon I saw two paramedics coming into the exam room with their gurney. There was also about 6 or so people in that room just before the paramedics showed up. Was loaded up into the ambulance and they hooked up stuff, including an EKG machine. We initially thought of being taken to the Integres hospital there in Yukon, but after the docs there said that they didn't like what they saw on the EKG, they asked that I be taken to a bigger hospital. Paramedics called the wife, and she said take him (me) to Mercy instead.

After getting to Mercy and getting hooked up again to all kinds of stuff, them taking blood (and eventually a urine sample) to be tested, I got to visit with the wife. Apparently, I passed out for about 10 minutes and in that state managed to throw up on one of the staff guys. Wife said it was like I was choking, thus probably the reason for the ambulance.

Let me say that this is something that is EXTREMELY RARE for me, and I hope it never happens again. Mercy determined that I was fine to go home and got out a little before 3:00 this afternoon.

All in all, it was one very unfortunate day, but I'm wondering if the injection actually has helped that right knee. (Oh, and the left knee never got any kind of treatment. Huh, I wonder why?)
Glad you're ok. Hyaluronidase injection? Those paramedics have been puked and crapped on before, I wouldn't sweat it much lol.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glad you're ok. Hyaluronidase injection? Those paramedics have been puked and crapped on before, I wouldn't sweat it much lol.

I don't remember what was injected, but that word doesn't seem to sound right. I've a follow-up visit on Monday, and I'll try to find out. The guy that "received the dose I gave out" is one of the clinic staff, not one of the paramedics.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I need some help changing out the grinding teeth on my brush mower, and I texted my brother to see if my nephew could help me tomorrow. My brother asked what we would be doing, so he could tell him. I said we were picking up dog turds in my yard, but we were only going to touch them on the clean end. My nephew shrugged and said “ok, I’m in.”
:lmfao:

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@OkieJoe72 @THAT Gurl @TerryMiller @Hangfire and any others I missed, hope yall are doing better today, and recuping well, hate to see everyone having health issues. Saw a post on FB where a friend of ours from MS is awaiting open heart surgery a couple days ago, and he aint very old, 50 at max.

Latest posts

Top Bottom