OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Health insurance has made doctors filthy stinking nasty rich, and I can assure you that without it a person can live with ALOT of ailments. I went to a doctor at the end of September for the first time in 20 years, found out what I wanted to know, and more than likely won’t go back.
My wife has insurance and a damn carrousel of doctor visits. I can’t convince her that just because they want to see you again next month (to collect more insurance money) doesn’t mean you have to go. :rolleyes2
I'm with you.. I only go to the Dr to continue getting blood pressure meds. Twice a year. I KNOW elevated BP will take you down and is usually easily treated. I continue to refuse other 'routine' tests. The way I figure it.....I've done pretty well for 71 years and have far outlived my expectations. These are just bonus years and I refuse to spend them fretting about what might be and enriching someone in the medical field

Last edited:

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The wife and I had our 15th anniversary today. Never thought I'd be married that long, especially to the same woman! Honestly never thought one would keep me around that long, but this marriage has now lasted 7x longer than my first 🤣
Congrats Clint, Dont know how she put up with you. 😁 Maybe I need to mail your wife a sympathy card. She is so sweet, 😂😂😂 And No, she doesn't have me fooled, on second thought maybe you need the sympathy card.😂😂😂 LOL.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
View attachment 431134

A deeper research reveals that this was the former Missouri, Kansas and Texas (MKT) Track Inspection Car No. 1045. Couldn't find any reference to it having anything to do with the military, however, the crossed cannons do indicate US Army Field Artillery.

I suspect that the Army may have used this car to inspect the tracks prior to moving "ATOMIC ANNIE" out of Ft. Sill to Las Vegas.
https://nnss.gov/wp-content/uploads/2023/04/DOENV_776.pdf

When was that move done? I took pictures of Atomic Annie in May of 2014 and the pictures I took of the Army inspection car was taken in November of 2014.

I just looked at the Fort Sill Artillery Museum on Google maps satellite view. Atomic Annie is still there. Maybe there was more than one with the same name?

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The wife and I had our 15th anniversary today. Never thought I'd be married that long, especially to the same woman! Honestly never thought one would keep me around that long, but this marriage has now lasted 7x longer than my first 🤣
Congrats on the anniversary!
My first lasted 15 tumultuous years. This current keeper is coming up on 35…..I think.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m in the same boat being on my second marriage. I like to think the Good Lord gave me my sweet wife Linda for putting up with my two-timing slut of a first wife. She had a bad habit of screwing my neighbors and her coworkers. Put up with that crap for 13 years for the kids but enough was enough. Having a Christian disposition I try not to be a bitter hateful person so I’ll just say out of all God’s children I love her the least.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wishing you all a Happy and safe Thanksgiving!

1700710813051.jpeg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wishing you all a Happy and safe Thanksgiving!

View attachment 431269
This will be an interesting thanksgiving.
For the last 30 some years, wife and I have done the traditional thanksgiving dinner, taking over from my parents.
What’s always been awesome is that my ex wife’s parents, my parents and my current wife’s parents, were good friends. They loved visiting and traveled some together. Sadly, one by one they are all gone. It’s rare that mixed families can be cohesive like ours was.
This year, the niece has decided to carry the torch for thanksgiving. Her first.
This could be good.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When was that move done? I took pictures of Atomic Annie in May of 2014 and the pictures I took of the Army inspection car was taken in November of 2014.

I just looked at the Fort Sill Artillery Museum on Google maps satellite view. Atomic Annie is still there. Maybe there was more than one with the same name?
The two original guns were sent to Nevada for test firing a nuclear warhead in 1953. According to the attached article a total of twenty "Atomic Annie's" were built but only four now remain in various museums (one being at Ft. Sill).

Latest posts

Top Bottom