OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMG_2144.png

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I purposely shopped for needed items Wednesday to avoid the stampede. Critters gotta eat so was mainly after feed for them and a couple items for Thanksgiving Day. I'm now good till January, haven't shopped after T- day in many, many years. It helps keep me from going postal on the utterly rude behavior displayed by most during this time of year. Kinda disheartening that the time of year is the birth of Christ and should bring us together but seems to bring out the worst in people at times. I know there is alot of good that happens but it is overshadowed by the abundance of bad.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I purposely shopped for needed items Wednesday to avoid the stampede. Critters gotta eat so was mainly after feed for them and a couple items for Thanksgiving Day. I'm now good till January, haven't shopped after T- day in many, many years. It helps keep me from going postal on the utterly rude behavior displayed by most during this time of year. Kinda disheartening that the time of year is the birth of Christ and should bring us together but seems to bring out the worst in people at times. I know there is alot of good that happens but it is overshadowed by the abundance of bad.

I'm with you. I try really REALLY hard not to have to get out from Halloween to my birthday (end of January) every year. I am married to a man who is my exact opposite:

"Wanna go out for dinner tonight?? No? Why not? We could run by Cabella's?? No? Why not?? Well okay then Academy ... No?? Why not?? I'll even take you by JoAnn's if you want ... No?? Why not?? You okay?? Well okay then you wanna just stay in the car while I run in and check on a couple things at BassPro?? No?? Why not?? 😲DAMN BABY!! What's got you all worked up today?? Maybe you need to get out of the house ... Wanna go out for dinner tonight??"

🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back some years, the wife and I went to visit my sister and her husband up in Cimarron County. We all decided to take a drive out towards Kenton, Black Mesa, and on west into New Mexico. We got as far as Capulin Mountain (and the nearby town of Capulin) and then headed back to Oklahoma. This was a shot that I just had to take because in all my years in the Panhandle, I had never seen a Bighorn that far south.

Make it two pictures for this "Picture of the Day."

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back some years, the wife and I went to visit my sister and her husband up in Cimarron County. We all decided to take a drive out towards Kenton, Black Mesa, and on west into New Mexico. We got as far as Capulin Mountain (and the nearby town of Capulin) and then headed back to Oklahoma. This was a shot that I just had to take because in all my years in the Panhandle, I had never seen a Bighorn that far south.

Make it two pictures for this "Picture of the Day."

That goat wearing a radio transmitter?

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That goat wearing a radio transmitter?

Yes. Good eye!! It takes looking pretty good, but one can even see the antenna of the collar in this picture.

I got out my "big gun," that being a 200-500mm telephoto zoom lens for this picture.

For those that may not know of most of my pictures posted here, if you click on the photo, it will take you to that actual picture at my Smugmug site. Then one can navigate around and see other photos taken.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@retrieverman it's a little more than just chilly out there.....temp. 26°.....wind 8mph = 17° wind chill.

I drug all my gear out yesterday afternoon because my buddy and I were going duck hunting this morning but do to a family matter he had to cancel last night.....can't say that I'm heartbroken about the hunt cancellation I may not be swatting ducks right now but I am sitting here nice and warm sipping on a hot cup of coffee. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom