OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes, folks. Yeah, I'm home but having to rely on those damn pain pills every six hours. I'm not kidding when I say that I believe I hurt the worst I ever have when I finally forced myself to get out of bed at 7:00 this morning. They say day three is the worst, so I'm hoping tomorrow will be a better day. Doctor said the surgery went great ... no surprises, he feels confident that he got it all. PET scan showed it all confined to the prostate gland, so hopefully that's the end of that. This is the first time I have felt up to picking up the computer since I got home, and I kinda' feel like I'm fading fast. HA! Again, thanks. Y'all mean a lot to me. Great support group.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1707410925650.png

thekidd76

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Morning! Anyone have any experience with any entry detection systems, both for vehicle and foot traffic? I have a long drive, so too far to have power. Was considering something solar, or even battery operated if necessary. Original plan was something with the roadside magnet to detect vehicles and give me a heads up I had someone heading my way, but I just had 2 guys on foot walk all the way up to my house and knock on the front door. Had no indication they were here or coming in until they knocked, so now i'm thinking I need something with standard motion detection also.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Morning! Anyone have any experience with any entry detection systems, both for vehicle and foot traffic? I have a long drive, so too far to have power. Was considering something solar, or even battery operated if necessary. Original plan was something with the roadside magnet to detect vehicles and give me a heads up I had someone heading my way, but I just had 2 guys on foot walk all the way up to my house and knock on the front door. Had no indication they were here or coming in until they knocked, so now i'm thinking I need something with standard motion detection also.
I can’t answer your question, and I would suggest asking this question in its own thread. There’s generally only a small group of folks that check and respond to this one. In your own thread, you’re more likely to reach more members with a broader range of knowledge and experience.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

MY friend wired a motion detecting light to something inside the house I think it was a small radio and it would come on when alerted.

There was not any light bulb in the motion light so intruders were not alerted.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@Snattlerake -

Reedman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've thought about it for 20 years, but never followed up except to look. They are much cheeper now, and just about everything I saw was wireless and solar powered.Just google "driveway alarms." I saw many listed, and most were solar and well under $100.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It’s rained here in east TX quite a bit over the last few week, and my place has been pretty boggy until last week. Knowing it was supposed to rain again last night, I crossed a couple projects off my list yesterday.
A HUGE water oak blew over in the back pasture a couple or three years ago, and I’ve gradually been burning it up. I got what was left of the trunk (about 40 foot) cut up and hauled to another out of the way pile and after about an hour of digging and pushing was able to get what was left of the trunk and root ball out of the ground. I’m either going to have to cut it up some more or just let it rot where it sits, because my skid steer can’t even start to pick it up. I used my grapple to push dirt around to get the hole filled in, and the rock rake to smooth everything out so grass can regrow in a few weeks.
The other little project was a dead tree that’s been in the way when I mow. I was able to push it over with the skid steer, and then I ground the stump off.

We ended up getting 1.6” of rain overnight, so my place is a sloppy mess again. There won’t be any outside projects getting done here today. :rolleyes2
View attachment 450500
View attachment 450501
View attachment 450506
View attachment 450507
stump looks like a great ground blind

Latest posts

Top Bottom