OSA Dove season hunting contest comment thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Opening day dove hunting saw several guys getting tickets from Wardens for unplugged guns, over the limit and no hunting license...

I saw no less than 20 killdeer that were shot and at least twice that many blackbirds. A couple of blue jays never made it out of the field, and more than a dozen pigeons met their demise that morning as well...

Lots of birds flying, just not many came my way. Hopefully I can get in on at least one good dove hunt this year. Congratulations to those of you who did get to go, and those that took their wives and children...

shotty

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where is Texola? Congrats on the limits!

1 mile East of the Texas/Oklahoma border on I-40. Not much there except abandoned buildings with trees growing though them. We did spot a few deer a block off main street coming back from our afternoon hunt.

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My recent posts in the dove contest threads.

Shot these birds on a solo hunt Friday evening after work. Good times!

The wife even got up and went Saturday morning (free hunting days) and managed to shoot 3 birds, they were few and far between, kind of a bummer since she hasn't been hunting with me in a long time. We had a great family morning together though!

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And from the kids in camo thread.

Took my 8 year old both Saturday morning and evening, the birds had all but disappeared. He did manage this one with the 4-10, a great shot on a bird coming to the mojo decoy.

He had a great time playing in the river.

RussellR

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went out for the first time this year.. I took my 5 yr old on her first hunt ever. I was really surprised she had fun. She's the type that cares for everyone and everything. We only shot 8, but we had a blast.
IMG_3543.jpg IMG_3541.jpg IMG_3542.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom