OSA Maintenance - Heads up!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kelly Drown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As many of you know, the server we're on right now has been having some stability issues and is a pain to keep up with. It will periodically stop responding for anywhere between 5-30 minutes at a time for no apparent reason. This has been annoying if not fustrating to everyone to say the least.

This weekend, if everything happens to work out well, I will try to move the site to a new location. Switching to a different virtualization back end technology and a different provider. I've pretty much been very dissatisfied with this provider as I'm sure you all have been as well. I know I've logged probably close to 25 support calls in the last few months asking them to fix and reboot the host server.

Having said that, there may be outages this weekend if I can get the time to make it happen. Mostly it will be waiting on DNS to catch up but once I get everything in place and tested on the other site, I'll have to put this one in maintenance mode, locking everyone out, to make the database copies otherwise any posts made after the copy will be lost. There may be a few posts lost anyway in the cut over so if this happens to you, then you have have my apologies in advance.

-Kelly

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As many of you know, the server we're on right now has been having some stability issues and is a pain to keep up with. It will periodically stop responding for anywhere between 5-30 minutes at a time for no apparent reason. This has been annoying if not fustrating to everyone to say the least.

This weekend, if everything happens to work out well, I will try to move the site to a new location. Switching to a different virtualization back end technology and a different provider. I've pretty much been very dissatisfied with this provider as I'm sure you all have been as well. I know I've logged probably close to 25 support calls in the last few months asking them to fix and reboot the host server.

Having said that, there may be outages this weekend if I can get the time to make it happen. Mostly it will be waiting on DNS to catch up but once I get everything in place and tested on the other site, I'll have to put this one in maintenance mode, locking everyone out, to make the database copies otherwise any posts made after the copy will be lost. There may be a few posts lost anyway in the cut over so if this happens to you, then you have have my apologies in advance.

-Kelly

just curious which hypervisor/virtualization back end has been in use and which one you are going to

Latest posts

Top Bottom