Out of state sale question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phildo64

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I have found a good deal on a long gun out of state(TX), we have agreed on a FFL to FFL transfer. What is the best in your opinion and most secure way of payment for both parties(I get gun, he gets $$)?

Tom K

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Send the money order to his FFL. The FFL calls him when the money gets there and gives it to him when he brings in the gun to ship. That's about as foolproof as it gets.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So say if I sent this guy a MO and he turns out to be a nut, can I just cancel the MO or would USPS step in to intervene? I don't wanna scare him off with 21 questions but I also dont wanna be had either.

If asking a few questions scares a seller off then you are better off looking elsewhere in my opinion. Might be worth it to work out an inspection period, too.

Phildo64

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Send the money order to his FFL. The FFL calls him when the money gets there and gives it to him when he brings in the gun to ship. That's about as foolproof as it gets.
Very true
If asking a few questions scares a seller off then you are better off looking elsewhere in my opinion. Might be worth it to work out an inspection period, too.
Thanks!

huntermett

Marksman
Reaction score
the only way I would do a personal transfer from a unknown person is only through a ffl as suggested above give mo to ffl to release when firearm is received or you could meet him half way and do a person to person sale . don't go alone if you do this for security reasons there are a lot of guys using craigslist and other sites to get people to show up to get robbed.

Phildo64

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the only way I would do a personal transfer from a unknown person is only through a ffl as suggested above give mo to ffl to release when firearm is received or you could meet him half way and do a person to person sale . don't go alone if you do this for security reasons there are a lot of guys using craigslist and other sites to get people to show up to get robbed.

Thank you sir, I always pack some heat and a buddy...or two:thumb:

Latest posts

Top Bottom