PA Trooper shooting/ambush - this is THE criminal Holder's DoJ has been waiting for

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Defnestor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Trooper shot with a .308. .308 cases found in sunken Jeep. No word on whether they recovered his .308 rifle. If they don't, will they still be able to make the charges stick? The only (circumstantial) evidence I've heard about, is the .308 cases in the Jeep and his anti-gov rants. If they can't find his .308 or match it ballistically, they may be sol.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Two reasons are probably at play here. One is the official police reasoning that the guy is extremely dangerous. The guy has just shot an armed police officer; he will, therefore, not hesitate to cut an unarmed civilian down. This is certainly part of it.

The second reason is the bad guy cut down a friend of theirs and they want justice (or revenge, payback, whatever you want to call it. And there is nothing really wrong with this.

While there is components of both reasons in this particular situation, the police do tend to take it very personally whenever a fellow officer is killed, particularly from ambush as this state trooper seems to have been.

Shooting police from ambush is fairly unusual and I think shows a degree of depravity that is not the norm. It shows the perpetrator to be a very dangerous person to leave at large. But as I said earlier, there is also the idea of 'brothers in blue'.

I hope this provides some perspective for you.

Another way to look at it:

An armed person is certainly more dangerous than an unarmed citizen.
So unarmed citizens should be safe?

Then what would be wrong with gathering your friends when one of yours is shot down?

Other than the obvious ....its Not legal for one group .....just throwin that out there....8)

Latest posts

Top Bottom