PA Trooper shooting/ambush - this is THE criminal Holder's DoJ has been waiting for

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with XD. Who even carries their SS card let alone leaves it in their car? Also, shell casings were found in the car. So either he shot from inside the vehicle, or he took the casings from his pocket. But why do that? Too much here leaves me asking "why would he do that? how would that happen?" It's just doesn't add up.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My question is why the immense show of force because a LEO got shot?

Hundreds of people get shot every day. Innocent people shot at random just like these two guys.

Why does the Law Enforcement community put one of theirs above another citizen that has died under the same circumstances?

We are all citizens of this great country. Equal consideration should be given to all citizens equally in cases like this.

Maybe if resources like this were used in south Chicago, the shooting/death rate might fall?

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My question is why the immense show of force because a LEO got shot?

Hundreds of people get shot every day. Innocent people shot at random just like these two guys.

Why does the Law Enforcement community put one of theirs above another citizen that has died under the same circumstances?

We are all citizens of this great country. Equal consideration should be given to all citizens equally in cases like this.

Maybe if resources like this were used in south Chicago, the shooting/death rate might fall?
Two reasons are probably at play here. One is the official police reasoning that the guy is extremely dangerous. The guy has just shot an armed police officer; he will, therefore, not hesitate to cut an unarmed civilian down. This is certainly part of it.

The second reason is the bad guy cut down a friend of theirs and they want justice (or revenge, payback, whatever you want to call it. And there is nothing really wrong with this.

While there is components of both reasons in this particular situation, the police do tend to take it very personally whenever a fellow officer is killed, particularly from ambush as this state trooper seems to have been.

Shooting police from ambush is fairly unusual and I think shows a degree of depravity that is not the norm. It shows the perpetrator to be a very dangerous person to leave at large. But as I said earlier, there is also the idea of 'brothers in blue'.

I hope this provides some perspective for you.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Two reasons are probably at play here. One is the official police reasoning that the guy is extremely dangerous. The guy has just shot an armed police officer; he will, therefore, not hesitate to cut an unarmed civilian down. This is certainly part of it.

The second reason is the bad guy cut down a friend of theirs and they want justice (or revenge, payback, whatever you want to call it. And there is nothing really wrong with this.

While there is components of both reasons in this particular situation, the police do tend to take it very personally whenever a fellow officer is killed, particularly from ambush as this state trooper seems to have been.

Shooting police from ambush is fairly unusual and I think shows a degree of depravity that is not the norm. It shows the perpetrator to be a very dangerous person to leave at large. But as I said earlier, there is also the idea of 'brothers in blue'.

I hope this provides some perspective for you.

I'm going with more the latter than the former. When the DC sniper was on the loose, we didn't see nearly the manhunt that we did when Christopher Dorner was running around...nor did we see the sloppy, shoot-at-anything-that-looks-like-a-pickup-truck attitude, either.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm going with more the latter than the former. When the DC sniper was on the loose, we didn't see nearly the manhunt that we did when Christopher Dorner was running around...nor did we see the sloppy, shoot-at-anything-that-looks-like-a-pickup-truck attitude, either.

That could have something to do with the fact that they had no idea what the DC sniper was driving. Or who he was. Or where he was going. Or what his motivation was. Or what his next target might be...

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From Defnestor's link:

"While we realize this temporary closure might disappoint some of the hunters and trappers it affects, we're certain, too, they understand the gravity of the situation, as well as the danger in allowing the seasons to continue as scheduled, given this new information," Hough said. "We need hunters to readily adjust their plans to help bring resolution to this case and see that justice is served."

So what is it? .gov saying that the subjects aren't to be trusted with assessing the "danger" and weighing it for themselves? Or is it that LE just doesn't want them out there flushing their target while they close in? If it's the latter why not just say so? :scratch:

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From Defnestor's link:

So what is it? .gov saying that the subjects aren't to be trusted with assessing the "danger" and weighing it for themselves? Or is it that LE just doesn't want them out there flushing their target while they close in? If it's the latter why not just say so? :scratch:

Consider the danger to the hunters from the LE in the area as well. Last thing we need is a friendly fire incident. :(

Latest posts

Top Bottom