Papers, please.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.paragoulddailypress.com/articles/2012/12/15/top_story/doc50cbbb312e241511092932.txt

"[Police are] going to be in SWAT gear and have AR-15s around their neck," Stovall said. "If you're out walking, we're going to stop you, ask why you're out walking, check for your ID."

"To ask you for your ID, I have to have a reason," he said. "Well, I've got statistical reasons that say I've got a lot of crime right now, which gives me probable cause to ask [for your papers and] what you're doing out."

I can see a lot of 4th Amendment lawyers drooling over this one... how long after implementation until the city goes bankrupt trying to defend the policy?

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Isn't it true that a person doesn't have to present his/her identification unless they are being detained for a crime? Seems like I read that somewhere.

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
That POS site jumps around making it impossible to read.

All i got before giving up reading it was town folks wanting to clean up the neighborhood and so they got the police to step up more patrols on foot with ARs. No?

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
lol.. what a joke.

so the thriving 22,000 person metropolis of Paragould, Arkansas has some crime problem that necessitates this response?

wow.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Click on the little video button below the picture on the right hand side and it will stop jumping.

I think they're inviting at LOT of "are you detaining me?"

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Redonkulous. That site made me seasick and half the comments were all for the police doing that to stop all of the "bumping and thumping" on the East side of town. Why stop there? Why not just reinstate Jim Crow and arrest any black people out after dark?

Latest posts

Top Bottom