Parents arrested for improper storage of guns.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Dad always kept guns on open racks, as did I after getting my first .410 shotgun for Christmas (at 12 yrs).

2-3 years ago a 12-13 yr old girl shot a guy in Bryan county. She was home alone, and he broke in. She hid in a closet, and when he started to open the door she shot him (with a rifle IIRC). Didn't kill him, but he was easily arrested.

Good thing the guns weren't locked up.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If in fact it only takes the potential spurious word of just one person to bring down the heat, none of us are safe and secure from Armed Assault by the Authorities.

We saw this is Afghanistan and Iraq as well as other places. If you do not like your neighbor or brother in law, just tell on them and their life will be altered for ever. Bad juju IMO.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We saw this is Afghanistan and Iraq as well as other places. If you do not like your neighbor or brother in law, just tell on them and their life will be altered for ever. Bad juju IMO.

I have some neighbors I would not feel the least bit guilty about doing this to. :grumble: :chop:

Problem is I DO believe in karma ... :disappoin

What a conundrum ... :bigeye:

:spitlaugh

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

During the late monarchical period in France, lettres de cachet (pre-signed by the King and a Governor) allowed those who possessed them to simply place any person’s name on the document and the Police or Military Authorities would Arrest and Imprison them.

During British Colonial Rule, generalized (nonspecific) writs of assistance’ were issued to British Customs Agents and Sheriffs that allowed Search and Seizure of Smuggled Goods and Contraband from any Colonial Residence, Business Property or Farm. Customs Officials would just show up arbitrarily and tear people’s homes apart looking for goods that could not be proven to have had taxes paid.

The idea that Protection and Security is more important than Protecting our Freedoms goes against what is perhaps our most profound ideological tenet. Benjamin Franklin, "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
was not his belief alone. Our founders gambled their lives and worldly possessions to secure Liberty over Security. The Value of Liberty over Security was passed down our citizens, but now it seems less real, or less important; in fact, this is one of those things that people won’t miss until it is gone.

If we allow unverified statement’s to initiate Searches, Seizures and Arrests of Citizens without Due Process in the Name of Public Safety and Security, we Surrender our Liberty and our Freedom and in so doing subject ourselves to Great Hazard and Insecurity at the hands of our Government and our Police.

Further, as a Juror in any Trial where an Arrest and Evidence was obtained consequent to a Warrant issued and based solely on the statement of one person (even worse a Juvenile), I will in good conscience find the Defendant NOT GUILTY despite instructions from any Judge or statements by any Prosecutor as to the appropriateness and validity of any evidence or testimony obtained in consequence of such a tenuously justified Warrant as to me it is all Poison Fruit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RustedBeef

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A few years back for a short time I ended up taking care of my parents youngest kids while things were being taken care of. DHS stopped by in the beginning and I told them I did have guns but kept them in the safe. They didn't seem to care, and the officer even asked what my carry gun was. Never heard of a law not allowing firearms in the house with kids.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
During the late monarchical period in France, lettres de cachet (pre-signed by the King and a Governor) allowed those who possessed them to simply place any person’s name on the document and the Police or Military Authorities would Arrest and Imprison them.

During British Colonial Rule, generalized (nonspecific) writs of assistance’ were issued to British Customs Agents and Sheriffs that allowed Search and Seizure of Smuggled Goods and Contraband from any Colonial Residence, Business Property or Farm. Customs Officials would just show up arbitrarily and tear people’s homes apart looking for goods that could not be proven to have had taxes paid.

The idea that Protection and Security is more important than Protecting our Freedoms goes against what is perhaps our most profound ideological tenet. Benjamin Franklin, "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
was not his belief alone. Our founders gambled their lives and worldly possessions to secure Liberty over Security. The Value of Liberty over Security was passed down our citizens, but now it seems less real, or less important; in fact, this is one of those things that people won’t miss until it is gone.

If we allow unverified statement’s to initiate Searches, Seizures and Arrests of Citizens without Due Process in the Name of Public Safety and Security, we Surrender our Liberty and our Freedom and in so doing subject ourselves to Great Hazard and Insecurity at the hands of our Government and our Police.

Further, as a Juror in any Trial where an Arrest and Evidence was obtained consequent to a Warrant issued and based solely on the statement of one person (even worse a Juvenile), I will in good conscience find the Defendant NOT GUILTY despite instructions from any Judge or statements by any Prosecutor as to the appropriateness and validity of any evidence or testimony obtained in consequence of such a tenuously justified Warrant as to me it is all Poison Fruit.
Yet in New York state, and if I heard right today, maybe Florida if the vote goes that way, it is legal to confiscate firearms without a warrant or a hearing in a court of law just because you were accused and not convicted.
That being said, in the Florida school shooting, LEO and FBI had been alerted to the possibility that this kid was going to be a school shooter.
What could they have done under current law?
We have a serious conundrum here.
If the 2A and constitutional law was followed to the letter, the police had no right to take his firearms even after 40 some calls to his residence unless they arrested him for something.
It appears they were working under the Promise Program of obama/holder where they just ignored these potential school shooters in the making.
The media keeps trying to prove who was at fault in this incident, and they keep pointing to the NRA and the 2A.
Should they not be focusing on the Promise Program and those that initiated it with the consequences it caused?
The fault lies with Broward County Sheriff dept, FBI and Obama/Holder. That's the bottom line.

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yet in New York state, and if I heard right today, maybe Florida if the vote goes that way, it is legal to confiscate firearms without a warrant or a hearing in a court of law just because you were accused and not convicted.
That being said, in the Florida school shooting, LEO and FBI had been alerted to the possibility that this kid was going to be a school shooter.
What could they have done under current law?
We have a serious conundrum here.
If the 2A and constitutional law was followed to the letter, the police had no right to take his firearms even after 40 some calls to his residence unless they arrested him for something.
It appears they were working under the Promise Program of obama/holder where they just ignored these potential school shooters in the making.
The media keeps trying to prove who was at fault in this incident, and they keep pointing to the NRA and the 2A.
Should they not be focusing on the Promise Program and those that initiated it with the consequences it caused?
The fault lies with Broward County Sheriff dept, FBI and Obama/Holder. That's the bottom line.

I’m not sure that this FL School Shooter didn’t say enough about his intentions to enough people to have committed a crime. Also, his texts or Facebook messages implied a direct threat. I believe rules under existing law should have provided enough probable cause to arrest, detain and disarm him. If he had made similar threats against our Head of State or a Judge or something, he would have been handled way differently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m not sure that this FL School Shooter didn’t say enough about his intentions to enough people to have committed a crime. Also, his texts or Facebook messages implied a direct threat. I believe rules under existing law should have provided enough probable cause to arrest, detain and disarm him. If he had made similar threats against our Head of State or a Judge or something, he would have been handled way different
Isn't it amazing that all threats against obama were treated seriously, and there was a documentary that showed how to assassinate Bush II was allow to run in theaters, as well as a play on broadway that showed trump being assassinated.
There seems to be a double standard.

Latest posts

Top Bottom