Pawn shop NW OKC that will start selling ammo today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TyMD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like their prices could be pretty high though.

http://www.news9.com/story/21849712/booming-ammo-demand-triggers-new-market-for-bullets-in-oklahoma

A booming demand for ammunition across the country is forcing gun lovers in Oklahoma to find new ways unload. A limited supply of bullets is creating a market for buying and re-selling ammunition with at least one Oklahoma City business.
On Tuesday, Oklahoma Coin and Gold at N.W. 39th and Pennsylvania will be much more than a place to buy rare coins and jewelry. Behind the walls of the corner shop is a stockpile of ammunition ready to hit the streets. The bullets are a commodity that store owner Chelsey Davis plans to treat just like gold.

"I've had thousands and thousands of rounds coming in almost on a daily basis," Davis said.

Davis tells News 9 he thought of the idea to buy and sell ammunition shortly after President Obama won re-election. At that time, stores began selling out of bullets and manufacturers couldn't keep up with the demand. Today, the situation hasn't changed much. Stores throughout the Oklahoma City metropolitan area have been low on ammunition for weeks.

"You ask [store employees] when [bullets] come in, and they say they don't even know," Oklahoma City gun owners Kenny Cox said. "They … say get [to the store] early in the morning."

Davis first shared his business idea with News 9 in February when he was buying bullets. Now, he's ready to sell. Since the big-box stores can't keep up with the demand, Davis expects to have a lot of business, especially since there's no direct competition.

"I have not been tailgated yet, but I do expect it," Davis said.

Davis says pricing will fluctuate on ammunition at Oklahoma Coin and Gold, especially on bullets that are currently hard to find. Davis will start selling ammunition Tuesday morning. There is no limit on how much a person is allowed to purchase.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought it was odd to see a 4 minute advertisement for ammo on the news, but whatever. I'm also predicting outrageous prices. Ammo isn't overflowing quite yet, but it's becoming easier to obtain. This guy has a great idea, but it's a couple months too late, though I bet his prices are still a few months behind.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
He must have some connection at News9 to get all that free advertisement.

The bullets are a commodity that store owner Chelsey Davis plans to treat just like gold.

Yeah, I bet!

younggundavid

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
hmmm... I wonder where he's been able to pickup thousands and thousands of rounds from??? I wonder if it's reloaded ammo from a licensed ammo manufacturer. If anyone buys some I would like to hear more on what brand of ammo it is and if it is remanufactured... thanks

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I called and asked how much a brick of 22lr would run and I was told it would cost:

arm.jpg

and a

leg.jpg

TyMD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went and checked it out. A lot of it looked like it had been in someone's closet since the last shortage. Prices were high as expected. 9mm was about 20-25 a box for FMJ and he had some 22 that was about as equally overpriced. Over all I would say its not horrible if you really need the ammo.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom