Pawnee Winter Run n' Gun - 2016

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shakyhand

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you basing your load out on competing with other contestants or based on what is practical for your intended use and envisioned scenario?

Either way is totally cool, but it highlights the different mindsets going in...something I still debate with myself over lol.
In 3- gun you set up for each stage & drag gear around in a stroller or wagon.
Before run n gun I had gear but was not set up to efficiently or effectively run with gear.
Since run n gun I have bought a chest rig that can easily work for my bolt gun or AR.
I am tweaking my load out for the competition, I carry minimal water & do not carry food, medical gear will consist of some gauze & roll of electrical tape.
My goal is to run and shoot the course as quickly as I can. I call that FUN. I have ran a couple 5 K' s, and might consider running the half marathon in April simply because my friends are doing that. I am not big on running until you had a gun then I'm in. SMS when I see your workouts we have a lot in common, I do a boot camp which is similar to crossfit but does not have Olympic Lifts. As well as hit the weight pile. I have been hitting the gym weekly since January of 2010. We used to joke around because we were doing killer workouts because we wanted to get stronger, there was no first place or starter position we just worked out because we loved it.
Runngun I view the same way, i prepare because I love this stuff, if I do great awesome if I stink it up that's okay to (as long as I beat the 308 guys).
The bipod or no bipod I have struggled with that decision over several decades with deer hunting with the ole 30.06.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In 3- gun you set up for each stage & drag gear around in a stroller or wagon.
Before run n gun I had gear but was not set up to efficiently or effectively run with gear.
Since run n gun I have bought a chest rig that can easily work for my bolt gun or AR.
I am tweaking my load out for the competition, I carry minimal water & do not carry food, medical gear will consist of some gauze & roll of electrical tape.
My goal is to run and shoot the course as quickly as I can. I call that FUN. I have ran a couple 5 K' s, and might consider running the half marathon in April simply because my friends are doing that. I am not big on running until you had a gun then I'm in. SMS when I see your workouts we have a lot in common, I do a boot camp which is similar to crossfit but does not have Olympic Lifts. As well as hit the weight pile. I have been hitting the gym weekly since January of 2010. We used to joke around because we were doing killer workouts because we wanted to get stronger, there was no first place or starter position we just worked out because we loved it.
Runngun I view the same way, i prepare because I love this stuff, if I do great awesome if I stink it up that's okay to (as long as I beat the 308 guys).
The bipod or no bipod I have struggled with that decision over several decades with deer hunting with the ole 30.06.

Amen. That part of what I like about this event format, everyone is free to make it their own kind of event!

I foolishly enrolled in a powerlifting course back before Thanksgiving, I've done very little aerobic work since then....that 10k is going to be long, but the rifle will feel light LOL.

FOG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Enough match talk, now for the real question... are we gonna get fed some of that good Q????

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

MauserAl

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi Ted! Are we gonna be able to use a bipod or some kinda rest with our old military bolt guns? (at the 500 yd stage) My old bones don't hold very steady in prone, even with a sling. Randall

Latest posts

Top Bottom