PCM Tune for '03 Suburban

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You go on ahead & believe that if you want man, like you said, personal preference. But what do I know, only been in the LS performance game since 05' myself personally.
Nelson does good work but I do not see many LS people running their tunes.

And that makes you know...... What?
I've been playing guitar since I was 12, I still suck at it.

BIG_MIKE2005

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And that makes you know...... What?
I've been playing guitar since I was 12, I still suck at it.

Not my fault you can't learn. Don't throw your own short comings on others man.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I do know my way around the LS series engines weather you wanna believe it or not. Your comments show the level of experience you have with these engines/tunes & shops who specialize in LS performance. But hell you don't have to listen to me, I must not know what I'm doing since I put my own combo together, turned every wrench & it's still together 80k miles later. Nope, I don't know crap about these LS engines.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not my fault you can't learn. Don't throw your own short comings on others man.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I do know my way around the LS series engines weather you wanna believe it or not. Your comments show the level of experience you have with these engines/tunes & shops who specialize in LS performance. But hell you don't have to listen to me, I must not know what I'm doing since I put my own combo together, turned every wrench & it's still together 80k miles later. Nope, I don't know crap about these LS engines.

Congrats dude, I'm happy for you!!! Lol my short commings.....
It's the fact that doing something or "trying" from a long times doesn't make you good at it.
But.... I did my first 5.3 in 2001 and am working on my 4th personal LS right now. That's not including the handful I've helped do for friends either. But since you want to act all hard and brag....
I was a full time mechanic long before I was a machinist, plus my dad owned and operated a shop for over 30 years which I grew up working in. I'm sorry to burst your bubble but I know my way around a lot more than just a wrench. But then again I'm also no the one sticking my chest out saying I know more than anyone else.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Okay, for all you PCM gurus out here, riddle me this.

I can disconnect both battery cables, the wiring that plugs into the throttle body, and the pedal sensor, leave them disconnected long enough to reset the PCM and drive for a couple days without any REP problems.

Why, when the PCM is going through it's relearning process, is it that I get none of the codes that cause the vehicle to go into REP?

gl55

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Of the 6 codes you said it sets, I see P0120, P0220 and P01516 pretty regularly on ETC vehicles going into REP. I don't think I've ever seen P1515, P1518 or P2135. And I see a lot of ETC trucks. P1518 sets when the TAC module loses communication with the PCM over their dedicated serial bus for over 1 second. Since of the 3 components and wiring that can cause those codes you say 2 of them have already been changed I would change the TAC module. All 6 codes are MIL on First Error so not sure why it takes a while for them to set after clearing them. Could be something like a broken solder making intermittent connection on the TAC module circuit board since you say you are sure all the wiring and connector contacts are sound..

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Of the 6 codes you said it sets, I see P0120, P0220 and P01516 pretty regularly on ETC vehicles going into REP. I don't think I've ever seen P1515, P1518 or P2135. And I see a lot of ETC trucks. P1518 sets when the TAC module loses communication with the PCM over their dedicated serial bus for over 1 second. Since of the 3 components and wiring that can cause those codes you say 2 of them have already been changed I would change the TAC module. All 6 codes are MIL on First Error so not sure why it takes a while for them to set after clearing them. Could be something like a broken solder making intermittent connection on the TAC module circuit board since you say you are sure all the wiring and connector contacts are sound..

I agree, and if it was missed in the other post, I suggested to check the wiring at or near the TAC module, I have seen problems in this area too. Wiring problems dont always create hard faults and set codes immediately, especially if its loose wiring/connections, corroded wiring/connections, shorts etc. Even broken wires could be intermittant if its making momentary contact and opening the circuit at times.

BIG_MIKE2005

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congrats dude, I'm happy for you!!! Lol my short commings.....
It's the fact that doing something or "trying" from a long times doesn't make you good at it.
But.... I did my first 5.3 in 2001 and am working on my 4th personal LS right now. That's not including the handful I've helped do for friends either. But since you want to act all hard and brag....
I was a full time mechanic long before I was a machinist, plus my dad owned and operated a shop for over 30 years which I grew up working in. I'm sorry to burst your bubble but I know my way around a lot more than just a wrench. But then again I'm also no the one sticking my chest out saying I know more than anyone else.

Sounds like chest thumping to me. But I could care less, you started this so I played along. Had absolutely nothing to do with acting hard as there is no reason for that. You have no clue what I have or haven't done with these cars over the years & I do not feel the need to go into it all with you. Not worth my time honestly. You seriously think being a mechanic means squat to me? I laugh at the ASE certificates, they are a running joke, but a requirement to be employed at most shops. I have seen my fair share of "certified" mechanic work & I'll keep my comments to myself about that.

You go with who you want & I'll go with who I know does good work. The shops I recommended, weather you want to acknowledge it or not, are among the top LS shops in the country. Like stated a long time ago, it's personal preference at the end of the day. Hell anyone with HPtuners or EFIlive can "tune" one of these vehicles and any monkey with a wrench can put one together. Putting it together right & it lasting is totally different, same for the tune.

BIG_MIKE2005

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Agreed & I also agree with checking the wiring for the TAC as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom