Peanut butter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I found peanut butter by the 5 gallons on EBAY.

:lookaroun That's a LOT of peanut butter! :D I read a magazine the other day that had a recipe in it for almond butter. They toasted some unsalted almonds, then tossed them in a blender and added a pinch of sea salt and a little oil (if needed) to make the mixture smooth. Store in fridge. That was it. I bet you ten bucks you could do the same with peanuts, as they are a softer nut than almonds. My poor blender gets quite a workout as it is ... this is not gonna help his cause ... LOL

The biggest draw to making your own (for me anyway) is there are no added sugars or salts (unless I add them, so I know how much is there) and no added other stuff that I can't pronounce ...

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
:lookaroun That's a LOT of peanut butter! :D I read a magazine the other day that had a recipe in it for almond butter. They toasted some unsalted almonds, then tossed them in a blender and added a pinch of sea salt and a little oil (if needed) to make the mixture smooth. Store in fridge. That was it. I bet you ten bucks you could do the same with peanuts, as they are a softer nut than almonds. My poor blender gets quite a workout as it is ... this is not gonna help his cause ... LOL

The biggest draw to making your own (for me anyway) is there are no added sugars or salts (unless I add them, so I know how much is there) and no added other stuff that I can't pronounce ...

I may have to try that but with cashews. :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom