Personalized License Plate Waiting Time...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has anyone applied for an Oklahoma personalized license plate recently? I'm at 4 weeks and waiting since I mailed in my application. They cashed my check about 3 weeks ago, so I'm wondering how much longer.

Grendel

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It took over four months for my personalized plate to come in last time I got one. I have an amatuer radio plate on order and it's been about three and a half months so far. I think it takes less time to get your NFA paper work approved than it does a personalized license plate.

acope

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My understanding is they wait until they have a certain number of tags before placing the order. So it could happen rather quickly or you might end up waiting awhile.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What did you pick?
The tag is going on my 2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser

The list I submitted was:

TRAILTM

NICETOY - I had this one 30 years ago, but let it expire when my truck got totaled

FJCRUZR

I have no idea which one was available.
So I guess Forrest Gump was right...Life is like a box of license plates...you never know what you're gonna get...

Last edited:

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I test drove a '12 FJ. Should have picked BLNDSPT. They look sick, but I couldn't stand to drive it in traffic.

Yeah, it does take a little bit of faith and good spidey senses to drive one. I had camper shell on my truck for 15 years, so I was already conditioned to the similar blind spots. Adding an extra mirror in the lower corner of the side mirrors helps a great deal. But I still can’t parallel park it worth a crap.

Grendel

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The list I submitted was:

TRAILTM

NICETOY - I had this one 30 years ago, but let it expire when I truck got totaled

FJCRUZR

I have no idea which one was available.

You can have your tag agent check and tell you what is available as of that date. That's what I did with my first tag and got exactly what I wanted, didn't even submit alternates.

Latest posts

Top Bottom