Photo of the new Okla. Handgun License

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FYI for those interested in what the new Handgun license looks like. I put a photo in another thread.. but this way you won't have to hunt for it. Felicia with the SDA Unit informs me that the new license is already being distributed.

i1087.photobucket.com_albums_j474_David2U2011_NewSDANewLicense2.jpg

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
FYI for those interested in what the new Handgun license looks like. I put a photo in another thread.. but this way you won't have to hunt for it. Felicia with the SDA Unit informs me that the new license is already being distributed.

i1087.photobucket.com_albums_j474_David2U2011_NewSDANewLicense2.jpg

Dont like it, makes me think it a license to own a handgun.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can see where you are coming from with, "This license must be carried by licensee at all times a handgun is in your possession," printed on the back.

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, so I may be a lil out of the loop...but when would you need one of these?? I've owned firearms for yrs and I've never heard of us having to have one of these.

OV1kenobi

Marksman
Reaction score
Dont like it, makes me think it a license to own a handgun.

Interesting, but my license expires on 08/15/2017 (5-year license) and it looks nothing like yours. In fact, not knowing what "old style" even looks like, the O.S.B.I. shield in the background on my license looks like a giant eye, or a gaping mouth swallowing both the American Eagle and the Osage shield.

BTW, mine is an "Oklahoma Concealed Weapon License." On the back, it states: "This license must be carried by licensee at all times a concealed weapon is in your possession." So, can I assume that I can carry a long-blade knife/sword, such as a concealed Samurai sword or an Italian/Spanish stiletto, since my license does not state concealed handgun only but concealed weapon?

What do the Oklahoma Statutes have to say regarding concealed weapons? What weapons are permitted to be legally carried and concealed with an Oklahoma "Concealed Weapon License?" What about saps and blackjacks?

After all, thumping someone on the side of the head with a sap or blackjack, in a defensive situation, can indeed be deadly but I suppose not nearly so potentially deadly as firing a bullet into the head.

I don't know if it matters, but this license is the first/initial license I have ever possessed. Therefore, I am not familiar with the various "styles."

Don't mean to hijack the thread. Just curious, that's all.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom