Pics of your tree stand

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bill allen

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lets see some pictures of that thing. Sounds bada$$.

I just changed from a PC to a MAC so I don't know how to do pictures, yet. What I did was to build it like a house. I used an industrial metal staircase complete with handrails on both sides and 6x6 corner posts cemented in the ground. It has a 2x6 insulated floor, a regular size exterior door, house sliding windows. It has 2x4 walls that are insulated as well as insulating the ceiling. I put a regular gable roof on it with regular house shingles. The window sills are deep enough to lay a sandbag on to shoot off of (as well as to sit your drink or book). I had a professional painter paint it inside and out. The result is a warm, quiet and comfortable place to hunt for decades to come. It sits on the edge of a wheat field with a good field of view of about 150 yards in every direction. I took two nice bucks from it this year and passed on several other bucks. I usually keep the windows closed or just partially open and when I see something I want to shoot I just slide the window open a bit and lay my gun on the sandbag and harvest my deer. I will post a pic of it when I figure out how to do it.

jwg77

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thought I would help billallen out with a couple of photos of his tower blind. One with building in progress and the other is complete.

Attachments

• DSCN3091_2.jpg
    DSCN3091_2.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 198
  • DSCN3100_2.jpg
    DSCN3100_2.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 223

jwg77

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here are a couple of views from the stand.:sunbath:

Attachments

• DSCN3931.jpg
    DSCN3931.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 218
  • DSCN3938.jpg
    DSCN3938.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 167
  • DSCN3941.jpg
    DSCN3941.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 194

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very nice! I've seen a new product for shooting houses that is a urinal. Takes a bottle of water on top for a flush, and a bottle underneath for collection, or one can take a hose and run it down the stand where it can be put into the ground. Has a plug for the drain so no odors come back up. Pretty cool.:D

bill allen

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is a roof vent. I have a register on the inside so you can close it off or adjust just how much fresh air you want flowing through the house. I usually just leave it open. I decided peeing in a bottle is easier than installing and maintaining a urinal although I thought it over. We just finished building it last September so I painted it a solid color but I plan to camo it this winter. It is a perfect stand for what I was wanting. I am really happy with it and plan to build another one once we decide on where. As I get older comfort is more and more important to me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom