Pics of your tree stand

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bill allen

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some people have to much money.

Looks like a pretty inexpensive endeavor to me. The cost versus the amount of fun you can have out of that stand looks like a good deal to me. I have a stand I built myself and spent about $3000 just in materials to construct it. I consider it a good hunting investment...a quality stand that should last indefinitely. I topped it off with a big leather swivel chair. It is practical and comfortable. I am glad I spent the money. I have had a blast hunting that stand...

some people have too much to say....:selfangel

tjones96761

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dennis: what did you use for anchors under that tower?

I couldn't figure out how to anything drove/screwed into this pile of rock that I call home, so i had to build the base big enough that it wouldn't blow over in the Oklahoma wind. The box is 4ft wide X 8ft long X 6ft tall and the base is 12ft wide X 16ft long and 10ft to the base.

Kyle Cline

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
well, wasn't talking about your stand Dennis. I was talking about the pic of the 8 person unit with card table and celing fan. Did you build that one with scrap from work?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dennis: what did you use for anchors under that tower?

I used 4' trailer house anchors that screw into the ground, and put a turnbuckle on each side using 3/8 steel cable. Its gone thru some 80mph wind gusts. It blew out one window, and a barn owl moved in and pretty much trashed out the inside before I could get the window repaired. Its 4'X6'. Plenty of room to stretch out and catch a nap waiting on daylight. Has one of those little buddy propane heaters in it. The only thing that has been done since it was put up, was painting the top 2/3rds of the windows. All the others are ladder stands.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
well, wasn't talking about your stand Dennis. I was talking about the pic of the 8 person unit with card table and celing fan. Did you build that one with scrap from work?

I knew that.:D
I discarded an email the other day that had a tower blind that made that 8 person unit look like a broken down outhouse. Its complete with gun cabinets, lamps, and furnished with antiques. Pretty impressive.

tjones96761

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
here's my tower blind. 4X8 box 10ft to the floor. you might notice a slight bend at the top, there was a slight miscalculation during loading. built from angle iron and channel iron from shipping crates from work. shelving from a retail store to make the walls and 2-3/8 tubing for legs. I did have to buy the tubing and the chairs, everything else was a freebie.

ai981.photobucket.com_albums_ae294_tjones96761_IMG00014.jpg

ai981.photobucket.com_albums_ae294_tjones96761_IMG00015.jpg

here's one of my ladder stands. a buddy and I built 4 of these last year. 3X3 base 16ft to the floor. we bought 1 inch heavy wall square tubing and expanded metal. the chair is a boat seat. All said and done we ended up with about $175 and about 6 hours time each in them, $50 for the chair alone. They are heavy and a pain in the A$$ to move, but crazy sturdy.

ai981.photobucket.com_albums_ae294_tjones96761_IMG00016.jpg

ai981.photobucket.com_albums_ae294_tjones96761_IMG00017.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice stands!:D I built a ladder stand a couple of years ago from some 1 1/2" EMT electrical conduit, using 3/4 EMT tubing for the steps. 18' to the seat. I think the total cost them was around $30.

Latest posts

Top Bottom