Pit Bull attacked my wife's German Shepherd

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cook urself some bacon man. Aint right to let a beat up dog eat alone.

Just finished a can of soup and a glass of milk.

Sucks about your dog, I hope he recovers !

P.S. If that's a "wife's German Shepherd" just makes you wonder what a "attack Pit Bull" looked like.

It was a nice, sleek looking Pit. Silver gray in color. The chest was broad, and the belly pulled tightly in. The head was overlarge and eyes widely spaced apart. The mouth seemed nearly as wide as it was long, and looked like it was overbuilt for crushing large bones. Great muscles played under that suave coat, there was not an ounce of fat to be seen.

I've known this dog since it was a playful little puppy. It had other siblings, too, but I don't know what became of them. I remember them, they were precious, loveable little dogs, when they were little. Now, though, I am wary of Pits.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good reminder that every dog "Has never bit anyone" before its first bite...which is why I am always careful around dogs I don't know (especially with my kids around).

Pits just happen to cause a LOT more damage when they do.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
... It likely will happen again.

Unfortunately yes, dog aggressive behavior and walk abouts are signs of a poor owner in most cases, doesn't matter what breed but it's especially an issue with large powerful breeds. I sure miss our dogs but our lives just aren't conducive to caring for such a high energy animal.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tomorrow I'll be sinking money into this dog; in addition to wound care, he will receive his shots and vaccinations, and be neutered.
Talk about your mixed messages. "Well, boy, if you survive, I'm going to have your nuts cut off." ;)

I'm glad you got him out of there, and I hope he pulls through. Good on ya for getting him out and to the vet.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Talk about your mixed messages. "Well, boy, if you survive, I'm going to have your nuts cut off." ;)

I'm glad you got him out of there, and I hope he pulls through. Good on ya for getting him out and to the vet.

Check out this hole I just found, where the Pit Bull tried to tear his arm off.

i.imgur.com_ZxucPpT.jpg

i.imgur.com_ZmMMN77.jpg

i.imgur.com_wiNul2o.jpg

i.imgur.com_w5VbOZE.jpg

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Damn. Let us know what the vet says. My guess is just swollen from trauma. Hope it isn't too expensive to treat him.

Also, I'd be interested to hear what the neighbors have to say about kicking in on the cost to patch up your pooch as well as the status of the other dog. I absolutely love my dogs and the bigger two of the four, one female shepherd and one female pit bull, get into scrapes with each other once or twice a year but are of the gnashing of teeth variety. If stuff ever gets as serious as this did, I'd hope I could make it as quick and painless as possible for the aggressor.

soonerbulldog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bonner you a good man. I'll chip in for the vet bills. Or I'll buy you some bacon. Either way you are one to be admired for your efforts for this little guy. I hate pits. I lost my lab as a kid to one, I'm glad this pup is in your good hands.

Latest posts

Top Bottom