Pit Bull attacked my wife's German Shepherd

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can you fit anymore abbreviations in that sentence? You kinda sound like a special operator

You know it.

i1180.photobucket.com_albums_x410_farmerbyron_Lolz_TeamDD.jpg

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry to hear man, had this exact thing happen at my house a few months ago. I looked out and saw a pit and another bigger dog attacking my border collie. I ran in and grabbed a 22 rifle, and ended up shooting the bigger one for sure, it left a bloodtrail in the snow. I wish I had grabbed a bigger gun, but didn't want to risk missing since I live in town. If I had been in the country, I would've grabbed one of my bigger rifles, and they couldn't have gotten far enough, fast enough...hope your dog makes it thru ok.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I live out here in the middle of ****ing nowhere, I shot 4 times straight up into the air. Other people shoot birds, squirrels, you name it. I didn't have time to think about what to do, I just ****ing did it. Stay on my ass, fine.

Considering where you live, I don't have any argument with what you did.

People that live in city's and don't hunt don't understand how many shots are directed into the "air".

Hope the dog survives. He needs to go to a vet.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Considering where you live, I don't have any argument with what you did.

People that live in city's and don't hunt don't understand how many shots are directed into the "air".

Hope the dog survives. He needs to go to a vet.

I'm not going under the house after him - not with injuries like what he has. He'd tear me up probably if I touched him. Am off tomorrow. Will do what I can. Food and water, mainly. I've known these pit bulls since they were playful little puppies. This came as a shocker, I guess it is in their blood. When I went out there, it had its jaws clamped around the German Shepherd's throat and our dog looked to be dead. The fact that the Pit Bull did not relinquish its hold after the first shot amazed me. He showed no fear, even after four shots. But he walked away after the 4th one. My wife's shepherd staggered up, covered in blood and limped away under the house. Its right front leg appeared to be crushed.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry to hear man, had this exact thing happen at my house a few months ago. I looked out and saw a pit and another bigger dog attacking my border collie. I ran in and grabbed a 22 rifle, and ended up shooting the bigger one for sure, it left a bloodtrail in the snow. I wish I had grabbed a bigger gun, but didn't want to risk missing since I live in town. If I had been in the country, I would've grabbed one of my bigger rifles, and they couldn't have gotten far enough, fast enough...hope your dog makes it thru ok.

Thanks. I'm getting a gate for the driveway Tuesday. I hope I never have this happen again.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not going under the house after him - not with injuries like what he has. He'd tear me up probably if I touched him. Am off tomorrow. Will do what I can. Food and water, mainly. I've known these pit bulls since they were playful little puppies. This came as a shocker, I guess it is in their blood. When I went out there, it had its jaws clamped around the German Shepherd's throat and our dog looked to be dead. The fact that the Pit Bull did not relinquish its hold after the first shot amazed me. He showed no fear, even after four shots. But he walked away after the 4th one. My wife's shepherd staggered up, covered in blood and limped away under the house. Its right front leg appeared to be crushed.

I've read story's about pit bulls in the fighting pits. They are vicious.

The dog that is recorded to be the worst biter is a poodle. Seriously.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hope your dog is able to pull through this, and hope you don't have any more issues with the pit (or other dogs, for that matter).

I'm putting up a gate in front of the driveway like what we used to have. A pain in the butt when you have to get out of the car to open it, but I think it can avoid a lot of problems.

Latest posts

Top Bottom