Po' folk food

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okra, which I despise to this day. Mom was a teacher and Step Father a principal, so not much money for four kids and they had a garden. In that garden were giant high producing Okra plants, which I tried so hard to kill with paint thinner (didn't work). We had Okra, Rice and Sausage constantly that summer. I want to hurl just thinking about it.
I love pickled okra, but I’m not a fan of slimy stewed okra.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Okra, which I despise to this day. Mom was a teacher and Step Father a principal, so not much money for four kids and they had a garden. In that garden were giant high producing Okra plants, which I tried so hard to kill with paint thinner (didn't work). We had Okra, Rice and Sausage constantly that summer. I want to hurl just thinking about it.
love me some Okra Fried, Pickled, in soup or stew . all good.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Didn't have much money growing up, but on the rare occasions we went out to eat, there was a restaurant called "Po' Folks" that we would go to
Those restaurants were in Texas and I used to go to one in San Antonio. I believe they are all closed now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom