Po' folk food

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Probably got lead in it
Doubt it. Less crap than American food. Make your own broth real quick, throw in some leftover chicken or an egg and your selected spices, and you have a super quick meal. 20 servings per bag at $7ish per bag, that’s $0.34/serving. IMG_3109.jpeg

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Doubt it. Less crap than American food. Make your own broth real quick, throw in some leftover chicken or an egg and your selected spices, and you have a super quick meal. 20 servings per bag at $7ish per bag, that’s $0.34/serving. View attachment 413793
I meant the Cheap Ramen but yea if its from china could be anything in it

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My daughter-in-law told me this weekend she hadn’t liked ham & beans until she had mine. Even her grandmother didn’t use anything to improve on just beans, water, and a bit of ham. I add onions, Rotel, a bit of celery & some garlic to my ham broth that was made from some leftover shank that had been double-smoked. The meat is picked off & added.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My daughter-in-law told me this weekend she hadn’t liked ham & beans until she had mine. Even her grandmother didn’t use anything to improve on just beans, water, and a bit of ham. I add onions, Rotel, a bit of celery & some garlic to my ham broth that was made from some leftover shank that had been double-smoked. The meat is picked off & added.
Sounds Good

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is ramen still dirt cheap, or has it gone up in price like everything else? I haven’t bought any for around 30 years.

It's gone up ... There is no such thing as a poor family meal any longer. Just rich man and richer man food. (I suspect this is one more reason a lot of people hit the drive-thrus going home at night. Those prices have gone up, too, but not as much as grocery store prices.)

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is ramen still dirt cheap, or has it gone up in price like everything else? I haven’t bought any for around 30 years.
We had ramen noodles with shrimp, bacon and onion, along with 1/2 cup of fresh grated parm cheese for dinner last night. Red pepper flakes added for some heat. Had the left overs for dinner tonight.

Latest posts

Top Bottom