Po' folk food

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife eats ranch dressing with almost everything.

I eat a lot better than I should. I need to get back to a mostly keto type of diet. I love all that stuff she cooks but it tends to make me fat. Because I have no sense of portion control and I want to eat too much. Never had a problem with my eating habits until I hit about 50. It caught up with me with a vengeance.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife eats ranch dressing with almost everything.

I eat a lot better than I should. I need to get back to a mostly keto type of diet. I love all that stuff she cooks but it tends to make me fat. Because I have no sense of portion control and I want to eat too much. Never had a problem with my eating habits until I hit about 50. It caught up with me with a vengeance.
Same here. When I was much younger and working nights I'd eat at Arby's or McDonalds often. My normal lunch (dinner for most normal folks) was two big macs, large fries, large coke, and a pie. I weighed 155lbs. Not anymore! Add about 80 lbs now. I never eat out much anymore and when I do it ain't two big macs!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What do you all think of as po' food that always draws a crowd?
Love my pinto beans and jalapeno cornbread made with cream corn. No butter required.
Beans gotta have horseradish mixed with them. I've converted so many people over to having horseradish in beans the I've lost count.

Po' food that always draws a crowd?
Another would be just saying there was going to be a fish fry with crappie served. Everybody shows up for that with a side dish in hand.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of the very few things that I dislike about my wife is that she doesn't like beans and cornbread. If I had known that before we got married, I'm not positive that we would be. 😂 😂
Yeah, aside from when I make baked beans with pork chops, or chili, the wife doesn't like beans. really busts my bubble, I love beans.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This pic was just put up on the fat guy club on FB. Mouth is watering! Hamburger steak w/brown gravy over mashed potatoes and corn!!! I would need some good bread with that and I'm thinking some Dutch Crunch!!!
hamsteak.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom