Po' folk food

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One internet doctor I watched said, all these processed, and man made additvies in our foods, are causing more harm than the high fat diets of our anasestors? Even LARD was not as harmful as these fancy cooking oils, with a bunch of crap in them that hasn't been fully evaluated long term, yet! He has a new fan, even if he is wrong, it makes me feel better when I eat the GOOD STUFF!!
Its True.. eat a wide variety all in moderation!

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife eats ranch dressing with almost everything.

I eat a lot better than I should. I need to get back to a mostly keto type of diet. I love all that stuff she cooks but it tends to make me fat. Because I have no sense of portion control and I want to eat too much. Never had a problem with my eating habits until I hit about 50. It caught up with me with a vengeance.
right there with you

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I seriously can't believe no one has mentioned Mac and cheese or ramen yet. Back when I was going to college and lugging with my roommate and working at Little Caesars I existed off of Mac and cheese, ramen, pizza from work and beer. Oddly enough, the only one of those things I can't stand anymore is ramen.
H5ll, one of my favorite meals to this day is Kraft Mac and cheese with a metric shirt ton of sharp cheddar cheese added to it. I can't really eat it anymore, but I still love it.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I seriously can't believe no one has mentioned Mac and cheese or ramen yet. Back when I was going to college and lugging with my roommate and working at Little Caesars I existed off of Mac and cheese, ramen, pizza from work and beer. Oddly enough, the only one of those things I can't stand anymore is ramen.
H5ll, one of my favorite meals to this day is Kraft Mac and cheese with a metric shirt ton of sharp cheddar cheese added to it. I can't really eat it anymore, but I still love it.
I still like Roman, I put 5 shrimp in a skillet and add that in.

OneMoreEvan

This is bowling, there are rules. MARK IT ZERO
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is ramen still dirt cheap, or has it gone up in price like everything else? I haven’t bought any for around 30 years.
33 cent a pack, a 12 pack is like $3.50ish. The really good ramen is at the Asian Market in OKC though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom