poker

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like the game but I'm a chump-change kinda player...too cheap to play for big bucks. Plus; I kinda suck and usually lose my azz. But penny nickel dime quarter stuff; I'm in.

Sent from my iPhone

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOVE IT............

This is my home away from home..........Binion's. Nothing fancy 3/6, or whatever they have going.

I have been here a "gazillion" times. I like Fremont poker, something about downtown that isn't as aggressive or cocky as the Strip......with guys trying, just trying to prove something.

Binion's........where I go to relax while the wife is across the street at the Golden Nugget at the spa.

www.pokertips.org_images_binions_poker_room_review.review.big.gif

I swear I order at least.....during my play........20+ Jack & Coke while playing here. No I don't get drunk or tipsy.....it's one of the few drinks I can drink all night while playing cards and stay alert. Jack&Coke or Malibu Rum&Coke, both great to drink at the poker or blackjack table.

vegasmavens.com_wp_content_uploads_2010_04_binions_pokerroom_wm.jpg

When the wife is through at the spa or when she's tired of playing Deal or No Deal......she waves through the glass at me, then she sits down in one of these chairs for a few minutes, then off we go to a nice steakhouse for dinner.

i.ytimg.com_vi_HTduefKLMv0_maxresdefault.jpg

Can't wait until I retire.........I WILL be a permanent fixture there with the "old guys" table!!!

Guy in the green shirt is Brad-he's one of the managers in the poker room.
binionsroadhouse.com_wp_content_uploads_2014_03_BinionsPoker_Jan2014_e1395079369126.jpg

** Quick story** One time before his shift Brad sits down at the table with us to play...everyone knows him and likes him.

He and I draw some nice cards..........bottom line........the table had 2-8-K-A-5. My hand 2 kings with the king on the table-trips king. Brad had 2 aces-one on the table-trips aces.......he slowed played me and suckered me in like a little kid in a candy store........:homer: Still, he's a very cool guy.

Nothing fancy or aggressive..........I love to hear the stories these old timers tell...........I tell a few also!!!

cheese79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love Binion's too... had one of my best nights there when i first turned 21... i can still remember it to this day. i had won 17 hands in a row and was playing 4/8... sat down with 100 and got up 2 hours later with 1375.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im just a small fry at Poker but a buddy of mine from Boston that Ive known 20 years or more in the foosball world who is also one of our world and international champs is also apparently a bad boy at Poker too. He had entered a few times before but this last seat last fall in the WSOP in August got him in the final 9 in the fall tournament and he ended up 3rd I think in his first time past the last tables taking home some millions pre tax. Billy or William Pappas (has a long Greek last name that is usually shortened). A rerun of it was on ESPN2 the other night I saw on my TV listings. Hes a good kid and I foresee him being back there in the WSOP many more times if he tackles it like he has foosball, he was our youngest open singles pro champion ever at 15 yrs old and since then he has won it many more times as well as pro open doubles and has also won several international championships held in Europe. Ive known his mom longer than him who is a top woman on the pro foosball tour where she drug this kid along when she would come to tour stops. At our tour stops/tournaments which are usually held in 5 major cities and in Hiltons ballrooms, at night we always have Poker tournaments on the side that usually last the entire 5 days of the tournament. That kid even when he was a punk kid would always be in those card games cleaning up the old guys. I dont think there is anything you can beat him at game wise.

Latest posts

Top Bottom