Powerball at 1.5 billion.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It seems like the odds would be more favorable when the amount is smaller, with so many saying they only buy when the prize is high.
I believe the odds are calculated against the number of possible numerical combinations, not the number of tickets sold.

Now the odds of being the sole winner would be MUCH higher right after someone wins and the jackpot resets.

Id be perfectly ok if I won it alongside 19 other people, hahaha. That is still around $20mm after lump sum and taxes.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It seems like the odds would be more favorable when the amount is smaller, with so many saying they only buy when the prize is high.
The odds are the exact same. Only thing that may change is your odds on sharing a prize in the unlikely case you did win.

(I should have read all comments before replying, lol)

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I buy a PowerBall ticket every now and then. I got one once that had the jackpot numbers for the previous week, Chances of winning are hundreds of millios to one, but exactly zero if you don't take the chanc.

Latest posts

Top Bottom