Powerball at 1.5 billion.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So when you buy a ticket do you get some sort of extra something like a power play that doubles the prize?
Are there ways to win less than the jackpot like 4 numbers or something or do you just not win anything?

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So when you buy a ticket do you get some sort of extra something like a power play that doubles the prize?
Are there ways to win less than the jackpot like 4 numbers or something or do you just not win anything?
I think it goes like this:

Basic ticket is $2.

For an extra $1, you get the "multiplier" or "power play" or something like that.
If you match all the numbers, the grand prize (of $1.6 billion in this case) does NOT increase; you'd only get the $1.6 billion).
However, with the extra $1 you spent, all the lower prizes you can win (by matching only some of the numbers) are doubled.
Example: Instead of winning $1 million for matching all the numbers but one, you would get $2 million for spending that extra buck on the ticket.

BTW, according to the OK Lottery the odds of winning the grand prize in Powerball are 1 in 292,201,338.
Click on the tab for "odds and prizes" to see all the odds
https://www.lottery.ok.gov/draw-games/powerball

Jack Shootza 50

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Odds of winning are something like 1 in 300 million. I just told the wife to get us three on the way back from getting Chinese. Can’t win if you don’t play. I know the odds are slim. But what the heck for that amount of money. We can dream can’t we. If I win I’ll be opening up up the best shooting range in Oklahoma
A 100 people could put into a pool and if one won split it....still $150,000 each, not bad for a couple bucks' investment.

Latest posts

Top Bottom