Police chase today on Channel 9

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Did any body else see this chase today? Did the pit maneuver decision get taken away from the pursuit officers?
They had this dude trapped twice in OKC but let him escape before finally taking action way east of the city.
Sorry cannot find video . 45 minute chase is prolly still in the cut room LOL.
Started in Jones went all the way to 63rd and Western back out to the east on 63rd until the road ended before they started pits maneuvers

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was cheap entertainment. I never understand how guys think they can out run a helicopter. Whey did the police not use stop sticks? Could have been over sooner.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was cheap entertainment. I never understand how guys think they can out run a helicopter. Whey did the police not use stop sticks? Could have been over sooner.
I don't know, maybe law enforcement let these things go on for a while so everyone involved can get some 'real world' experience and enhanced training in everything from pursuit driving, pit maneuvers, stop stick deployment, car/helicopter radio use, and tactics (management), among other things 🤔

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Watched most of it,
Prior to the crash, He got out of his car in a driveway, & got in a truck in attempt to steal it. Cop was there & had him at gunpoint, but didn’t stop him as he got out of the truck & walked back to his car & took off again. Very strange

Rustytigwire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
why doesnt LE shoot tires in a case like that. Suspect gets back in car to run amok and endanger the public. i am sure there is good reason.
Cop says stop. Fool says no. shake my head.
Bogart said in Treasure of the Sierra Madre.
"You makes your choices and ya takes your chances"

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
why doesnt LE shoot tires in a case like that. Suspect gets back in car to run amok and endanger the public. i am sure there is good reason.
Cop says stop. Fool says no. shake my head.
Bogart said in Treasure of the Sierra Madre.
"You makes your choices and ya takes your chances"
If you're going to "shoot the tires out" and send bullets flying out into the public, you may as well shoot the driver out instead. Just rain holy fire down on the idiot and put an end to it permanently.
Some will say 'me runnin from the cops aint worf a death sentence!!!" and to that I say "Don't run from the cops". You won't get away anyway. May as well stop and behave.

Remember that cops today can barely hit a bull in the butt with a base fiddle. They don't practice 1/2 as much as they should. Aiming for a tire is tough for them. Hitting the driver's door is a whole lot easier.

Latest posts

Top Bottom