Police chase today on Channel 9

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cattle don't shoot at you.
Why respond if you cant camp at an entrance while the guy is at the other end of the parking lot. At the Cowboy HoF, they pulled in so far they weren't even blocking the entrance anymore.

I absolutely get hesitation to pull right up in the phone booth with an unknown person that is already stacking up poor decisions, but at some point **** has to get done. My comment was for their apparent lack of thinking through their movements and how to place themselves to isolate a threat whether they were in a place to engage or not.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why respond if you cant camp at an entrance while the guy is at the other end of the parking lot. At the Cowboy HoF, they pulled in so far they weren't even blocking the entrance anymore.

I absolutely get hesitation to pull right up in the phone booth with an unknown person that is already stacking up poor decisions, but at some point **** has to get done. My comment was for their apparent lack of thinking through their movements and how to place themselves to isolate a threat whether they were in a place to engage or not.
That's why I posted what I did:

" I don't know, maybe law enforcement let these things go on for a while so everyone involved can get some 'real world' experience and enhanced training in everything from pursuit driving, pit maneuvers, stop stick deployment, car/helicopter radio use, and tactics (management), among other things 🤔 "

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since hes being charged for felon in possession, Im assuming those shamrocks came from the first visit and are Aryan in nature.

I used to know of a Berry that wouldve been old enough to be that guys grandpa or dad that was a pretty similar POS. I have used him as a point of comparison many times in my life when I get his vibes off of some fresh POS I have crossed paths with.

Everyone is good for something. Sometimes it’s just being a good bad example.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Everyone is good for something. Sometimes it’s just being a good bad example.
Back in 1965, My Grandfather gave me some advice as I was about to graduate from high school. He said I should try to learn something from everyone I meet. He went on to say that sometimes what you learn is that you sure don't want to be like them....

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
About to watch, is this better than the epic stollen 4 wheeler chase from a few years ago where the guy was hand cuffed?

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did any body else see this chase today? Did the pit maneuver decision get taken away from the pursuit officers?
They had this dude trapped twice in OKC but let him escape before finally taking action way east of the city.
Sorry cannot find video . 45 minute chase is prolly still in the cut room LOL.
Started in Jones went all the way to 63rd and Western back out to the east on 63rd until the road ended before they started pits maneuvers

OCPD did not have a policy allowing pit maneuvers until the past year. As such, the cars did not have wrap around TVI (tactical vehicle Intervention) bumpers. Prior to this, they had "push bars". New builds have the TVI bumpers, LEDT instructors got cars with them first, followed by officers who had the TVI training. or would be getting trained. However, due to constraints caused by supply chain issues, there aren't a lot out there. Only the 2021 MY and 22 MY PIU's have them. There were 134 21's built and only 8 22's so far, so for math, we'll say roughly 140 cars have them. 4 divisions plus Bricktown (Uniform Support) so we'll say 5, leaves 28 cars per division with bumpers, or 14 per set (2 sets of 8 days on 6 off overlapping), across 3 shifts, leaving less than 5 vehicles equipped with TVI bumpers per division per set, assuming an officer didn't take off and they are trained in the maneuver. The availability to perform a TVI maneuver is low, coupled with the fact that the conditions have to be present or right to perform. An officer could also be on the other side of the division and each division covers roughly 180-200 sq miles. The city itself covers over 660sq miles and surrounds multiple other municipalities. Just an FYI, I am not officer, I work in Public Safety Communication Support (civilian, city employee) and supervise the guys who build the cars, and work with PD and their fleet supervisor on building the cars, how they are built, maintaining the technology in them, implementing and testing new tech etc. Our radio shop and radio system is one of the largest in the country.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom