Police issue snatch-resistant holsters?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zork

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do some late-nite grocery shopping and often see police guys and gals hanging around the front end. They look like they're on duty. So, I
see the shiny Glock handles sprouting from their belt holsters and wonder if these holsters are snatch-resistant. For, another policeman has lost
his life because a guy in a hospital grabbed his gun and opened fire. http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/10/1...tal-grabs-officer-gun-kills-him/?intcmp=hpbt3

zork

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Doesn't mention if he had a retention holster of any kind.

That's what I'm asking. Do these policemen in places like Whole Foods have holsters that can prevent some nutcase from just grabbing their gun, flicking off the safety, and opening fire?? It's happened before...

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Depends on your employer. Some departments issue all your gear. Some don't and you have to buy it yourself. That stuff isn't cheap. Agreed that it's your life and it may depend on your equipment, but when your paycheck isn't that big and you have bills to pay, you have to make do till you can.

colb

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, many departments require re-qualification with a new holster, correct?

Add that on top of the high price of level 3 retention, and it's easy to see why some don't use them.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Level 3 retention holster prices are in line with other quality holsters.

I venture, lacking a specific department policy, it's just a mindset and/or lack of desire to be trained and properly equipped.

Latest posts

Top Bottom